The bakery market has enjoyed compounded annual growth of 20-30 per cent in recent years and is worth US$700 million now, the chief of one of the country’s largest bakery chains has said.
Kao Sieu Luc, general director of ABC Bakery, speaking to the media on the sidelines of the opening ceremony of the first ever Vietnam International Bakery Equipment Show on Wednesday, said Viet Nam’s bakery market is one of the fastest growing in the Southeast Asia region but has great potential to expand further.
The sector has embraced the latest technologies to remain abreast of global trends, he said.
At his company, “80 per cent of the machinery are most modern and imported from the US, Switzerland, Japan, Germany, and France,” he said.
Vietnamese bakery firms also export their products to many markets, he said.
His company’s sales in the local market increased by 20 per cent in the first nine months of the year, while exports to Japan, Australia and the US went up by 50 per cent, with 150 containers of items of all kinds being shipped, he said.
Chou Cheng Hsun, chairman of the Taipei Bakery Association, one of the organisers, said Viet Nam is considered one of the most promising bakery markets due to its large population.
The exhibition has attracted around 70 Vietnamese and foreign exhibitors including from China, Japan, Malaysia, South Korea, and Taiwan, who are showcasing their latest offerings at the show, he said.
Taiwanese chef Yung-Hsin Chen, who won the 2015 Mondial du Pain competition, will demonstrate various kinds of popular breads, share the secret of bread making and introduce new perspectives and insights into the Vietnamese baked goods industry, he said.
Several seminars will be held at the expo, including on “Bakery Trends in Asia,” “Food safety assurance in bakery production, trading and consumption” and “Bakery and Vietnamese people’s health”.
Nguyen Quang Huy of the Ministry of Industry and Trade said the exhibition offers a good platform for stakeholders in the bakery industry to compare notes and seek business opportunities.
It also offers international brands a chance to introduce their latest technologies to the Vietnamese market, he added.
Organised by the Taipei Bakery Association, Chan Chao International Co., Vietnam National Trade Fair & Advertising Company and Yorkers Trade and Marketing Service Co., the exhibition at the Saigon Exhibition and Convention Centre in District 7 will run until October 19. — VNS
- Việt Nam’s 1st bakery equipment expo opens in HCM City
- Vietnam Airlines opens HCM City-Bali route
- HAGL beat HCM City to avoid relegation
- Private movie studio opens in HCM City
- Mr Jeff to open 30 franchise stores in Viet Nam this year
- Vietnamese musical Đò Tình (Love Boat) staged in HCM City
- VNA photo exhibition on seas, islands opens in HCM City
- HCM City theatres stage new plays for holiday
- Demand for workers shoots up in HCM City
- Central kitchen model heats up in Viet Nam
- Co-working operators see Viet Nam a hot market
- Huawei launches Watch GT 2 in Viet Nam
- HCM City to improve legal framework as it aims to become international financial centre
- Vietnam Motor Show opens in HCM City
- Australia’s Victoria State to open Trade and Investment office in HCM City
- UNIQLO to open 3-floor store in HCM City
- Central kitchen model heats up in Việt Nam
- Co-working operators see Việt Nam a hot market
- Vietnamese businesses participate in int’l agriculture expo in South Korea
Viet Nam’s 1st bakery equipment expo opens in HCM City have 576 words, post on bizhub.vn at October 18, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.