US President Donald Trump and North Korea’s leader Kim Jong Un. (Photo: AFP/Saul Loeb) Trump, currently in Japan on a trip aimed at improving ties with Washington’s close Asian ally, also suggested that Kim was sending him a “signal” through a North Korean state media commentary on Joe Biden – in which the former vice president was labelled an “imbecile” and a “fool of low IQ” for criticising Kim. “North Korea fired off some small weapons, which disturbed some of my people, and others, but not me,” Trump wrote on Twitter, apparently referring to weapons tests in early May. But Trump tweeted: “I have confidence that Chairman Kim will keep his promise to me, & also smiled when he called Swampman Joe Bidan [sic] a low IQ individual, & worse. Perhaps that’s sending me a signal?” North Korea is one of the top issues on the agenda as Trump meets with Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe. Pyongyang fired two short-range missiles on May 9 following an earlier drill on May 4 — the first in 18 months. The North had not launched any missiles since November 2017, shortly before once-reclusive Kim embarked on diplomatic overtures. In a historic first, Trump… Read full this story
- Trump downplays North Korea launches on Japan visit
- Trump Distances Himself from Bolton on Iran, North Korea
- AFP: Trump downplays North Korea launches on Japan visit
- Trump agrees with N. Korea's Kim on Biden
- North Korea says recent missile launch was 'regular drill'
- North Korea plays down rocket 'drill'
- Trump says still has 'confidence' in N. Korea's Kim
- Trump agrees with North Korean leader Kim on Biden
- North Korea slams 'human defect' Bolton
- North Korea fired 2 short-range ballistic missiles, Seoul says
Trump says still has 'confidence' in North Korea's Kim have 294 words, post on www.vir.com.vn at October 17, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.