The Toe Poke Daily is here every day to bring you all the weirdest stories, quirkiest viral content and top trolling that the internet has to offer, all in one place.
The two travelling supporters arrived in plenty of time for a match at Gent. The problem was that their beloved Reds were playing over 150 kilometres away in Genk — with a “k”.
According to Sporza, the supporters only realised their error 30 minutes before kick-off after failing to locate the Genk stadium, largely because it is on the other side of Belgium.
They were able to find a bar and watch the match where they posed for a slightly embarrassing photo with their match tickets.
However, there is a silver lining of sorts, with local side KAA Gent (who, for an extra layer of confusion, are based in the city of Ghent) offering the pair complimentary tickets to attend their Europa League tie against Wolfsburg the following evening.
Gent also offered to provide the lost Liverpool supporters a crash course in Belgian geography to hopefully avoid similar mishaps in the future.
Still, it could be worse. They could have been one of the 400 Athletic Bilbao fans who missed the 2012 Europa League final by charting a course to the wrong country entirely after mistakenly travelling to the Hungarian capital of Budapest instead of the match venue in Bucharest, Romania.
- Atletico beat holders Liverpool to reach Champions League last eight
- Champions League semi-finals: how the ties shape up and could be decided
- Liverpool vs. AC Milan: 'The greatest Champions League final of all time'
- Cheltenham Festival and Liverpool's Champions League match that went ahead despite coronavirus threat led to MORE deaths and suffering, claims scientist leading UK's biggest Covid-tracking project
- Pep Guardiola will be seen as a Champions League failure. But is it fair?
- 50-26: Best players never to win Champions League
- La Liga: Barcelona Bounce Back From Champions League Nightmare With Win Over Getafe
- Premier League wrap-up: Carrick shines on swansong; Salah sets record, Blues miss out on CL spot
- ‘We are so close to glory it hurts’: Liverpool and Spurs fans in Madrid
- Manchester United v Chelsea: 'Specialist in failure', eye-pokes and Mourinho's other best rows
- The Miracle of Istanbul: How Liverpool's 2005 comeback unfolded
- ‘I was really upset’: the Spurs fan who for eight hours thought they were out
- Premier League fixtures: Top 10 must-see games
- Liverpool v Atlético virus links 'interesting hypothesis', says government scientist
- Mbappe not obsessed about winning Ballon d'Or
- On this day in sport: Barcelona inflict Arsenal pain, Ferguson wins first of many United trophies
- Pochettino open to Premier League job outside top six; Laments UCL loss
- Mauricio Pochettino: Former Tottenham boss remains open to Premier League return
- 5pm Chelsea news LIVE: Coutinho transfer to Chelsea ‘on’, Kante may miss rest of season, Kepa exit to Valencia
- AP Interview: Liverpool chair Werner on virus delaying title
Toe Poke Daily: Liverpool fans miss Champions League win by going to Gent, not Genk have 511 words, post on www.espnfc.com at October 24, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.