THE most reliable used motors you can buy in the UK have been revealed.
And a favourite with British families has earned the title as the most best second-hand vehicle.
Motoring experts at What Car? have named the Audi A3 Sportback as the UK’s best used car in their annual awards.
The stylish motor provides plenty of bang for your buck at just £18,000, with it earning praise for its spacious interior, infotainment system and powerful engine.
Despite coming on sale in 2013, it has remained a popular with Brits thanks to its sharp handling and range of safety features.
The Sportback beat out a range of other used models, which were named best in their individual categories.
The best used cars in each category
- Convertible – Audi A3 Cabriolet (2014-present)
- City car – Volkswagen Up (2012-present)
- Coupe – Audi TT (2014-present)
- Electric – Renault Zoe (2013-present)
- Estate – Volkswagen Passat Estate (2015-present)
- Executive – Skoda Superb (2016-present)
- Family Car – Audi A3 Sportback (2013-present)
- Hatch – Ford Fiesta ST (2013-2017)
- Hybrid – Volvo XC90 T8 (2015-present)
- Large SUV – Kia Sorento (2016-present)
- Luxury – Mercedes-Benz S-Class (2014-present)
- Luxury SUV – Volvo XC90 (2015-present)
- MPV – Ford Galaxy (2015-present)
- Performance – Alfa Romeo Guilia Quadrifoglio (2016-present)
- Small – Skoda Fabia (2015-present)
- Small SUV – Kia Sportage (2016-present)
- Sports – Porsche Cayman (2013-2016)
The winners of each award were chosen based on performance, reliability, price and value.
The Skoda Fabia took out the best small motor for the second year, largely due to its comfortable drive and range of in-car features.
And at just £6,000, the Czech motor offers plenty of value for money.
The Volkswagen Up was another popular model to be recognised in the annual awards, taking out the best second-hand city car.
It was joined by the Volkswagen Passat Estate which was named the best estate vehicle on the used car market.
Korean automaker Kia also took out awards in two separate categories, with its Sportage and Sorento being named the best used small and large SUVs respectively.
Hybrid and electric vehicles were recognised for the first time in the awards, with the Volvo XC90 T8 and Renault Zoe the stand out models.
Other winners include the Ford Fiesta ST (hatch), Mercedes-Benz S Class (luxury) and Audi A3 Cabriolet (convertible).
latest motors news
BORN TO BE MILD
Suzuki Vitara Hybrid is a family car which succeeds in being unspectacular
THE XC FACTOR
Volvo SUV voted most reliable car after years of being tagged ‘boring’
YOU GOTTA HAVE SOUL
Keep things simple but classy with the new Kia Soul EV
FRONT ROW SEAT
Carmaker Seat offers streamed tours of vehicles amid coronavirus lockdown
DRIVE TO SURVIVE
Is the Ford Raptor or Isuzu D-Max better for surviving the apocalypse?
THE BIG SMOKELESS
Discover zero emissions with Ford’s new Kuga plug-in hybrid
Mark Pearson, used cars editor at What Car?, said: “We’re delighted to give the Renault Zoe our Used Electric Car of the Year award this year.
“It’s a car that’s always impressed us for its practicality and ease of use and, with plenty of used examples available for temptingly low prices, it truly brings zero emissions motoring within reach of the majority of buyers.
“Later models have ramped up the real-world range, too, making the Zoe an even better everyday proposition.”
- First-time buyer, 27, reveals how she turned an extra bedroom into an Instagram-worthy bathroom - and saved money buying a £20 second-hand toilet using an old desk for the sink
- What's The Best Used Luxury SUV That Won't Cost A Fortune In Maintenance?
- Festive cheer: Virat Kohli unveils all-new Audi A6, starting at Rs 54 lakh
- Audi Hints at Hacker Bounty Program, 'Virtual Cockpit' Ambitions
- Car Tech: What to Expect at CES 2016
- Thrifty mum-of-two reveals she's saved THOUSANDS buying clothes from charity shops - and says she's even bagged a gown for 10p and designer brands including Givenchy
- The Ten Most Unlikely Performance Cars
- Porsche, Audi Tease Sleek EV Prototypes
- Audi's RS 5, A6 are treat on European roads
- 1974 Alfa Romeo 2000 GT Veloce: The Jalopnik Classic Review
- The Crown's Emma Corrin dons a pink polka dot dress and statement headpiece as she emulates Princess Diana during her 1983 tour of Australia while filming season four
- The Observer guide to the best autumn culture
- Emma Corrin recreates Princess Diana's visit to Sydney in 1983 and is swarmed by fans while shooting The Crown season 4 - which is ALREADY filming a month before series 3 premiere
- The Office (Classic)
- Here's Why a Mitsubishi Montero is the Best Buy in Classic SUVs Right Now
- Why High-Performance American Muscle Cars Are Still All Supercharged
- Delphi car driving itself across the country
- Ten reasons electric cars still suck: We unplug the EV hype
- Founder of 'The Spanish Ascot' reveals how she was inspired to create her own version of the famed horse racing event after falling in love with English culture
- Wild swimming, art walks and islands: five car-free day trips from Sydney
The best second-hand cars have been revealed – and an Audi classic has been crowned the most reliable have 795 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at October 3, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.