– The value of Thailand’s gems and jewellery exports was 351 billion baht (11.45 billion USD) in the first eight months of 2019, up 45.8 percent year on year.
Of the exports, gold alone accounted for 6.21 billion USD, recording an increase of 107.1 percent year on year, local media reported on October 3.
Southeast Asia has been the biggest market for gems and jewellery from Thailand. Export of gems and jewellery to Singapore has risen 307 percent, to Cambodia 137 percent, and to India by 84.1 percent, because the
has higher buying power.
However, exports to other markets such as Hong Kong, the European Union and the US have dropped.
Deputy Minister of Commerce
said the export of gems and jewellery is the third biggest earner for the country, and growth in this industry has benefited the Thai economy.
has become Asia’s third largest hub after China and Japan for gold trading. The country’s gold bullion exports in July surged 400 percent from the previous month and were up 7.3 percent from the same period last year./.
- US government shutdown to hit Indian diamond exports
- Ban on exports of jewellery and articles above 22 carat will check round tripping: K Srinivasan
- Thailand holds key rate, cuts economic forecasts as exports stumble
- Thailand: Rice exports to drop in 2018
- Bank of Thailand lowers economic growth forecasts
- Thailand to step up rice exports through inter-governmental deals
- Thailand's cooling car sales may shift economy into lower gear
- UPDATE 1-Thai c.bank will cut 2019 growth forecast again as risks rise -governor
- Tricky steps lie ahead for Vietnam's footwear export market
- Rupee recovers 10 paise to 64.43 on robust exports data
- US market: shrimp export growth rises while catfish drops
- Catfish exports to China and US down, Vietnam puts hope on EU market
- Nigeria’s crude exports to hit 954,000 bpd in August
- HCM City seeks to boost ornamental fish exports
- Thai Industries Sentiment Index rises for first time in six months
- Strict bank rules force changes in diamond trade practices
- Govt seeks industry suggestions to improve Gold Monetisation Scheme
- GJEPC asks banks to adopt its KYC databank to finance diamond trade
- BDB may lift ban on synthetic diamonds trade in 6 months
- Digging Deeper | India's unequal trade with China
Thailand’s gem and jewellery exports rise sharply have 356 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at October 3, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.