Nation Tap water from Da River safe for drinking and cooking: official The Saigon Times Daily Tuesday, Oct 22, 2019,19:55 (GMT+7) Tap water from Da River safe for drinking and cooking: officialThe Saigon Times Daily An upstream spring that flows into the Da River is seriously polluted by used engine oil – PHOTO: THANH TRA NEWSPAPER HCMC – Tap water sourced from the Da River in the northern province of Hoa Binh is now safe for drinking and cooking, said an official from the Hanoi City government at a press briefing today, October 22. It has been two weeks since used engine oil was dumped into an upstream spring that flows into the river where Song Da Water Investment JSC, a subsidiary of Vinaconex Water Supply JSC (Viwasupco), pumps crude water for processing. The water contamination has disrupted the lives of more than 250,000 households in eight suburban and urban districts of the capital city. Chief of the Office of the Hanoi’s People Committee Vu Dang Dinh was quoted by the local press as saying that all 69 water samples, collected between October 16 and 21, had met the Ministry of Health’s safety criteria for levels of styrene, a carcinogenic substance. Dinh said that… Read full this story
- 'What did we do?' Families anxious about chemicals found in tap water
- Salem lifts water advisory; everyone safe to drink tap water, says city
- Lead found in hundreds of Chicago homes' tap water, report says
- Is filtered water safer than tap water?
- Toxic cocktail of chemicals in tap water could lead to cancer, study finds
- Sandy residents advised to boil tap water, use bottled water
- Woman dies from brain-eating amoeba after using neti pot with filtered tap water
- Brewery dumps ‘Flint Michigan Tap Water’ name
- High Avenue fire started when someone left food unattended while cooking, officials say
- Flint Water Crisis Fast Facts
Tap water from Da River safe for drinking and cooking: official have 317 words, post on english.thesaigontimes.vn at October 22, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.