Investment Surge in foreign investment through M&As raises concern By Vu Dung Thursday, Oct 17, 2019,12:04 (GMT+7) Surge in foreign investment through M&As raises concern By Vu Dung Employees at work. A surge in foreign investment through M&As raises concern – PHOTO: TL HANOI – Foreign investment pledged to Vietnam in the January-September period this year through capital contributions and stake acquisitions rocketed by 82.3% year-on-year, raising concerns over an economic crisis ten years ago making a comeback. In the nine-month period, foreign investors conducted more than 6,500 transactions to contribute funds to and acquire shares in local firms, with a combined value of US$10.4 billion, according to the General Statistics Office. Meanwhile, foreign direct investment (FDI) plunged in the nine-month period. Vietnam had earlier been deemed to benefit from the U.S.-China trade war as many multinational corporations had planned to shift their production and business activities from China to Vietnam. However, the fresh foreign investment approvals for new FDI projects nationwide have reached US$11 billion, while the additional capital registered for operational projects totals US$4.8 billion, down 22.3% and 13.6%, respectively, versus the same period last year. Dinh Tuan Viet, a senior economic expert of the World Bank in Vietnam, said foreign investors… Read full this story
- Foreign investment falls 23.6 percent in first two months
- Whitebook 2018: Vietnam – an attractive destination for foreign investment
- Thailand work to attract foreign investments in East Economic Corridor
- Foreign investment plunges in Jan-Feb
- Mysterious surge in dead gray whales concerns scientists
- Ron Unz’s U.S. Senate race raises concerns of splintered GOP vote
- California voting changes raise concerns for 'Super Tuesday'
- Foreign investment projects signed through video amid virus outbreak
- Shanghai inks foreign investment deals worth 1.7 bln USD
- 66 foreign investment projects signed through video in east China's Shandong
Surge in foreign investment through M&As raises concern have 307 words, post on english.thesaigontimes.vn at October 17, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.