The monthly meeting of the Government on October 2 (Photo: VNA) Hanoi (VNA) – Addressing the Government’s meeting on October 2, Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc requested ministries, sectors and localities to push ahead with stronger reforms to promote production and business activities amid several challenges to and problems of the economy. Reviewing socio-economic attainments over the past nine months, the PM cited a survey’s findings as showing that up to 87.5 percent of the interviewed businesses, especially domestic ones, have confidence in the Vietnamese market. This result reflects the substantive socio-economic growth and the effective governance by the Government, he commented. Analysing challenges to the economy, he pointed out the impact of the trade wars among big economies, climate change, natural disasters, epidemics, and especially the complex and unpredictable developments in the East Sea. Meanwhile, the Vietnamese economy itself has also encountered certain problems, PM Phuc said, elaborating that industrial production grew at a slower pace than in 2018; agriculture faced numerous difficulties, particularly climate change impact; the growth of the foreign tourist number slowed down; and the disbursement of public investment capital remained weak. The Government demands that authorities at all levels and all sectors not underestimate the… Read full this story
- “I Am Very Sensitive to the Needs of the Performance Artist”: DP Ava Porter on
- Law reform needed to ensure meaning of amnesty: NA deputies
- Does stronger action need to be taken against fly-tipping?
- Significant outcomes recorded in PM Phuc’s Indonesia trip: official
- As sterling falls, will PM alter course or risk price hikes as election looms?
- PM Phuc calls for stronger Vietnam-Czech ties in potential fields
- PM lauds efforts to tackle post-war bomb, mine consequences
- PM says hosting DPRK-US Summit was big success for Vietnam
- Vietnamese Government keen to further boost administrative reform
- Foreign diplomats contribute to Vietnam’s success: Deputy PM
Stronger reforms needed to facilitate economic performance: PM have 318 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at October 2, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.