authorities seized over 1.28 million stimulant tablets worth over 2.57 billion kyats (1.7 million USD) in the northwestern Sagaing region, said the country’s Central Committee for Drug Abuse Control on October 4.
found 87,750 stimulant tablets hidden in the toolbox of a motorcycle which was intercepted in Tamu town a day earlier.
Another 1.19 million
were later confiscated from the house of the motorcyclist.
The driver was charged under the country’s Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances Law.
In August, Myanmar relevant forces seized 762kg of methamphetamine worth over 19 billion kyat (12.6 million USD) along with other addictive substances in the eastern state of Shan and Bahan and Sanchaung cities in Yangon region.
Myanmar is said to be one the world’s biggest methamphetamine producers. The drugs are mostly produced in Shan state’s forests, then transported to neighbouring countries and other markets like Japan, the Republic of Korea and Australia./.
- Thailand offers 45.7-million-USD loan for Myanmar’s electricity development
- Thailand approves 720-million-USD domestic tourism stimulus package
- Over 23,000 kg of controlled chemicals seized in Myanmar's central region
- ISIS drugs haul worth billions is seized after developing new 'jihadi junkie' pill
- Thailand, Myanmar Burn More Than $2 Billion in Seized Drugs
- Myanmar Religious Leaders Call for Peace, Tolerance Amid Increasing Unrest
- Bac Giang aims to welcome 2 million tourists this year
- Binh Duong posts 2.6bn USD trade surplus in H1
- India's 2nd largest state-run lender reports 490 mln USD fraud
- COVID-19 wipes out nearly 5.9 bln USD of Indonesia’s tourism revenue
- COVID-19 drugs seized
- Photos: US Coast Guard Seizes Nearly 500 Kilos of Suspected Cocaine Worth $18.7 Million
- Donald Trump's administration draws up plan for travel ban on 92 MILLION Chinese Communist Party members including Alibaba billionaire Jack Ma – but Beijing lashes back that move is 'pathetic'
- VIETNAM'S BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES JULY 10
- VIETNAM'S BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES JULY 8
- VIETNAM'S BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES JULY 15
- VIETNAM'S BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES JULY 20
- VIETNAM'S BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES JULY 11
- VIETNAM'S BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES JULY 18
- VIETNAM'S BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES JULY 16
Stimulant tablets worth nearly 2 million USD seized in Myanmar have 320 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at October 4, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.