Lê Quang Thưởng, former Vice Director of the Commission for Organisation of the Party Central Committee, speaks to Tiền Phong (Vanguard) newspaper on the need to prevent opportunists from holding Party or Government positions. How do you respond to the Party Central Committee’s recent decision to discipline more than 70 senior government officials? The decision to discipline more than 70 senior Party and government officials, including a member of the Party Politburo and the Party Central Committee, is something that no one wanted to happen. However, that decision is a manifestation of the Vietnamese Communist Party’s campaign of rectification within the Party. There is no “safe haven” for any senior party member or government official who has violated the Party regulations. Such a decision has won support from the Vietnamese people, including party members. No doubt, it will help consolidate the people’s confidence in Party leadership. The 13th National Party Congress will be organised in the near future. Don’t you think this is a good lesson in selecting candidates to stand for the Party Central Committee? In my opinion, only people with good virtue and integrity should be elected to the Party Central Committee. In the current Vietnamese economy, cash remains a dominant tool… Read full this story
- MP quits party following harassment allegations
- Interview: Scottish Labour leader Richard Leonard
- Jeremy Corbyn’s mob rule will spark a Labour civil war following his rise from bewildered obscurity to political popstar
- Leader attacked over 'no glass ceiling' claim
- Poland: How feasible is a 'Polexit?'
- Lord Adonis urges top politicians to speak out against Brexit
- What does it mean to be a 'New Italian'? The question facing a divided Italy
- Who will guard the guards? MSP Jenny Marra promises to hold the powerful to account
- Bishop accused BBC of "pro-abortion bias" over report on MP's appointment
- Prime minister says lessons will be learned after whistleblower exposed concerns at ambulance service
Senior Party leaders are examples for others to follow have 334 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at October 18, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.