HÀ NỘI — The National Institute of Hematology and Blood Transfusion opened its second fixed blood donation site in Hà Nội on Thursday.
It is located at the Medical Centre of Nhân Chính Ward – No 132 Quan Nhân Street, in Thanh Xuân District.
This is the second fixed blood donation site opened by the institute this year.
The first one was opened in June at Hoàn Kiếm Medical Centre – No 26 Lương Ngọc Quyến Street in the heart of Hà Nội’s Old Quarter.
So far 1,400 people have registered for blood donation and more than 1,200 units of blood have been collected.
Director of the institute, Bạch Quốc Khánh, said the opening of fixed blood donation sites in Hà Nội aims to develop the blood donation activity more effectively.
The sites are expected to make it more convenient for locals to donate regularly. People will also get free medical consultation and blood testing at the sites instead of going to hospitals.
Blood donation campaigns have attracted many Hà Nội’s citizens. The number of donators is increasing year on year, according to Khánh.
In 2018, Hà Nội collected more than 223,000 blood units. However, this still could not deal with blood shortage in Hà Nội and other localities. — VNS
- Facebook debuts US blood donation tool
- Italian hospital refuses stripper's blood donation
- Fix released for flawed open-source IE patch
- Calling all blood donors: Roll up a sleeve and give where you live
- 2-year-old with rare blood type battling cancer may get some help from a NY mom
- High School Principal Dies Donating Bone Marrow: Is It Always So Risky?
Second fixed blood donation site opens in Hà Nội have 296 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at October 11, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.