This was jointly stated at a ceremony held in Ho Chi Minh City onOctober 5 to mark the RoK’s 4344 th National Foundation Day. The eventwas hosted by the Vietnam Union of Friendship Organisations’ HCM Citychapter and the Vietnam –RoK Friendship Association (VRFA).
Addressing the event, Prof. Huynh The Cuoc, VRFA Vice Presidenthighlighted significant achievements in the Vietnam – RoK tiesalthough the two countries’ diplomatic ties aged only 20 years.
Hereferred to the RoK’s investments in nearly 3,000 projects totalling 24billion USD in Vietnam, which, he said, made the RoK the top foreigninvestor and led to the formation of an over 35,000-member Koreanbusiness community there.
Other significant achievement wastwo-way trade between the two nations topping 18 billion USD last year,which placed the RoK the fourth largest trade partner of Vietnam .
Oh Jae-hack, RoK Consul General in HCM City saidHCM City , which is Vietnam ’s major economic, trade and culturalcentre, plays an important role in the RoK – Vietnam ties.
At present, about 1.800 RoK businesses are operating in HCM City ,generating jobs for 400,000 labourers in the city and its surroundingareas.
Over 600,000 Vietnamese and RoK travel back and forthbetween the two countries each year. Around 100,000 Koreans are livingand working in Vietnam while more than 120,000 Vietnamese areresiding in the RoK.-VNA
- Court sees smiles, hugs on National Adoption Day
- How sweet it is! Friday marks the 75th anniversary of National Donut Day
- 'He's ours': Maricopa County celebrates National Adoption Day with 263 adoptions
- Who runs the world? You, on National Running Day
- Kareem Folkes of Lincoln, Daily News high school football player of the year, commits to CW Post on National Signing Day
- Celebrate Earth Day in Ocean City
- 10 sweet spots for National Doughnut Day
- National Doughnut Day: Free doughnuts at Krispy Kreme, Dunkin' Donuts
- National Signing Day has numerous NYC high school football players making college commitments official
- Forget garlic breath! Genius garlic tips, best restaurants, easy recipes for National Garlic Day