Le Thanh, director of the Institute of Organic Agricultural Economics, said as a gateway connecting Ho Chi Minh City and the Mekong Delta and with its excellent transport system, Long An has everything required to become an agricultural – industrial smart urban area.
|Long An authorities and RoK experts in a group photo. (Source: www.longan.gov.vn)|
Speaking at the “Long An authorities exchange experience with experts and South Korean investors towards developing a smart agricultural – industrial urban area” seminar in early September, he said with sea levels rising in the Mekong Delta area, Long An would see a wave of migration in the future. Therefore, developing smart cities is suitable, he added.
Lee Gyeong Taek, CEO of Lavi E&C JSC, said Republic of Korea’s investors have set their sights on 10,000ha of land near the Vam Co River.
They plan to develop a self-sufficient urban area with smart farms, hi-tech agricultural processing plants, universities to train human resources, smart flower gardens, and smart cattle breeding areas, he said.
They also plan to build the largest lake in the country in the project in the smart urban area to make it an attractive destination for local and international visitors, he revealed.
Explaining why the Korean investors chose this area, he said they could take advantage of the river water to irrigate agricultural land in summer when there is often a shortage of water.
The convergence of overland and waterway transport networks enables the area to trade with leading provinces and cities in the Southern Key Economic Region and surrounding areas, he pointed out.
He said building a smart city would bring benefits to the province such as helping it develop clean and green agriculture, and produce and process agricultural products right in urban areas.
As for selling the products, he said they would be supplied in the domestic market but also exported to Hong Kong, mainland China, Japan, and Singapore.
Other RoK investors said the province should focus more on transport infrastructure, human resource training and building hi-tech logistics infrastructure.
Pham Van Ranh, secretary of the Long An Party Committee and chairman of its People’s Council, said, new models in line with global integration trends are needed to develop the province quickly and sustainably.
The ideas proposed to develop smart agricultural – industrial urban areas promise bright prospects for the province’s development, he said.
The province wants to find investors who are enthusiastic about the project and could complete in the shortest time, he said, promising to create the most favourable conditions for investors.
- VIL teams up with Larsen and Toubro for trials of 5G-based smart city solutions
- 1 Unique Real Estate Stock With Tremendous Long-Term Potential
- Quang Binh mulls fostering cooperation with RoK
- Dak Nong Province welcomes investors, says local Party chief
- Đắk Nông Province welcomes investors, says local Party chief
- Opportunities galore in India for investors and industry stakeholders: Sitharaman to CEOs of major US giants
- No longer just riding pillion, retail investors driving rally
- Long Thanh project must create momentum for Vietnam to take off
- Man City's first starting XI after mega-money 2008 takeover - and what happened next
- NGTeco Smart Door Lock review: Keyless entry and all the control
- Suffolk County Officials Urge Residents To Check Out ‘Smart 911’ App To Help Emergency Responders Save Lives
- 'Sex and the City' author Candace Bushnell says show was 'not very feminist'
- Rockwell Automation, inc (ROK) Q3 2021 Earnings Call Transcript
- C3.ai IPO: What Investors Need to Know
- How long can China’s zero-covid policy last?
- Omega Healthcare Investors (OHI) Q2 2021 Earnings Call Transcript
- Got $1,000? 3 Smart Stocks to Buy Right Now
- Is Pfizer a Smart Coronavirus Stock to Buy After Moderna's Great Vaccine Results?
- ‘This shows what Brexit Britain can achieve’ Trade minister hails £2.3bn New Zealand deal
- Omega Healthcare Investors (OHI) Q3 2020 Earnings Call Transcript
RoK investors hail Long An province’s potential for smart city have 626 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at October 8, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.