Addressing the event, Major General Nguyen Dai Hoi, Deputy Director of the Department of Foreign Relations under the Vietnamese Ministry of National Defense said that the 20-day long refresher course has met all set targets. He also requested the Lao officers to apply all acquired knowledge in Vietnam to the task implementation of their units after returning home.
He hoped that the two sides' units in charge of defense relations work would continue exchanging and supporting each other to complete their assigned tasks.
This is the first time the Ministries of National Defense of Vietnam and Laos have jointly organized a refresher course on defense relations work.
During the course, Lao officers studied world and regional situations, the foreign policies and defense relations policies of Vietnam, and a number of military and defense cooperation mechanisms in ASEAN.
The course also provided the participants with some skills at organizing defense relations activities.
The course not only gave Lao military officers valuable knowledge of defense relations work, but also contributed to fostering solidarity and cooperation between the two militaries.
Translated by Khanh Ngan
- Vietnam hosts training course for U.N. military observers
- Top Defense Officials Seek to End ‘Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell’
- Japanese defense minister’s visit to Vietnam serves to deepen bilateral defense ties
- Part 1: The general who “lights up” defense diplomacy
- Part 1: A general who “lights up” defense diplomacy
- Afghans See American General as Crucial to Country’s Defense
- 2 Women Set to Graduate From Ranger School Are Experienced Officers
- For India’s Military, a Juggling Act on Two Hostile Fronts
- Vietnam, Japan ink defense transfer deal in Hanoi
- Vietnam, Japan ink defense tech transfer deal
- Vietnam, RoK conduct ninth defense policy dialogue
- Whole military follow General Thanh’s example to accomplish all assignments
- Biggest moments in military history from the last 100 years
- Lao newspaper spotlights strong VNA – KPL ties
- Donald H. Rumsfeld, Defense Secretary During Iraq War, Is Dead at 88
- Secret Talks and a Hidden Agenda: Behind the U.S. Defense Deal that France Called a ‘Betrayal’
- Secret Talks and a Hidden Agenda: Behind the U.S. Defense Deal That France Called a ‘Betrayal’
- UN logistic officers’ training course concludes
- Trump acting Defense Secretary Miller says he 'did not' authorize Milley China calls, says he should resign
- India Opens Its Highest Military Ranks to Women After Lengthy Fight
Refresher course on defense relations for Lao military officers concludes have 377 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at September 13, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.