London (VNA) – A Vietnamese delegation led by Secretary of the Party Central Committee and head of its Commission for Internal Affairs Phan Dinh Trac paid a working trip to the UK from September 25 – October 2. In the UK, the delegation held working sessions with the Home Office, the Foreign and Commonwealth Office, the Ministry of Justice’s Serious Fraud Office, met professors from the anti-corruption research group at the School of Oriental & African Studies, and held talks with Executive President and Vice President of the Communist Party of Britain. While in the Northern Ireland, they held working sessions with the All-Party Parliamentary Groups at the Northern Ireland Assembly, leaders of international cooperation agencies, the Department of Justice, the Committee on the Administration of Justice, the Cooperation Overseas, the Audit Office and the Police Service. As part of the visit, they also paid floral tribute to President Ho Chi Minh at New Zealand building in London and visited the grave of Karl Marx. During meetings, Trac affirmed that Vietnam always treasures ties with the UK, considering the UK one of the top important partners in Europe and the world and a priority in the country’s external policy, both before and… Read full this story
- Thornberry calls for UK to hold Saudi Arabia to account over missing journalist
- EXCLUSIVE: How Young Woman's Suicide Exposed UK Prisons as 'Dungeons of Despair'
- Political declaration between the EU and UK: full text
- What’s the Brexit backstop plan, when could the option be activated and what would it mean for the Irish border?
- Spain signs landmark agreements with UK over Gibraltar
- Brexit deal latest news: UK cannot end backstop without EU approval, Attorney General tells MPs
- Theresa May faces constitutional crisis as other parties join forces to accuse government of contempt of Parliament
- Ireland 'actively preparing' for No-Deal Brexit
- Russia attempting to provoke Dutch and UK Marines in Arctic Circle
- 'Heading for Totalitarian State': UK Anti-Hate Crime Plan Stirs Adverse Reaction
Party official active in UK have 339 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at October 2, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.