Hanoi (VNA) –
The Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) will provide
worth 914,000 USD to a project to improve Vietnam’s capacity for
Under the project, which was launched by the Vietnam Environment Administration (VEA), JICA and Japanese-based Optex Company Limited on October 8, simple water monitoring devices will be installed at 54 points in provinces in the Cau River basin which are Bac Kan, Thai Nguyen, Bac Ninh, Bac Giang, Vinh Phuc and Hai Duong provinces and Hanoi city. The project aims to assess those devices’ efficiency, suitability for the local environment and their satisfaction of techniques and measurement regulations in Vietnam.
The project will be carried from October 2019 to September 2020.
VEA Deputy Director Nguyen Hung Thinh said that environment monitoring has been maintained in Vietnam since 1994, and it has played an increasing role in environmental protection and management in the country.
He laid stress on the importance to enhance water monitoring activities in river basins as socio-economic development is exerting great pressure on the water resources.
Daisuke Okabe, a representative from the Japanese Embassy in Vietnam, said that the Cau River basin is suffering from serious pollution, and the project’s equipment, which is able to collect the monitoring data easily at low cost, is expected to assist with the control of water quality in the basin.
Meanwhile, Koji Takauchi, a senior consultant at JICA, believed the project will solve problems of water quality in Vietnam’s river basins based on products that have been successfully applied in Japan./.
- Rajasthan bags award for water management
- India to aid water management projects in Mekong Delta
- Netherlands-funded project helps promote Women’s economic empowerment
- Dutch-funded project helps promote women empowerment
- Telangana deploys water resource management system to monitor and manage mega Kaleshwaram Lift Irrigation Project
- Green Climate Fund Must Fight Corruption Before It Can Beat Global Warming
- WRD embarks on new mission to streamline city’s water supply
- Trung Nam Group inaugurates 12-trillion-VND solar power project
- Oxford council backs bid to stop water firm dumping sewage in Thames
- Dak Lak farmers to benefit from UN climate change response project
- Dual-flush toilets 'wasting more water than they save'
- Japan's JFE acquires shares of BIWASE to strengthen foothold in water treatment
- Japan continues to help VN build infrastructure through pandemic
- WaterAid expresses confidence in capacity of 25 CSOs to drive WASH governance in Plateau
- VN, Japan seek new development phase
- Economic reforms will improve resilience after COVID-19: experts
- DMRC submits detailed project report for Monorail
- Economic reforms to improve resilience after COVID-19: forum
- Dam building projects could fuel water stress in Middle East
- Trung Nam Group inaugurates VNĐ12 trillion solar power project
JICA funds project to improve VN’s capacity for water management have 437 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at October 8, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.