A scene in Uncle Vanya by Vietnamese and Japanese artists. Photo theatrecentrewithoutwalls.org) “Uncle Vanya” is one of Chekov’s most notable dramas and a mainstay of the theater. The play is set at the estate of the first wife of Professor Serebryakov, where he and his second wife are temporarily forced to stay. Their stay throws the house into turmoil; there is unrequited love, an attempted murder, disillusionment and despair, and rumination on old age and the meaning of life. This production is a collaboration of the Vietnam Youth Theatre and the Japan Theatre Centre Without Walls. Japanese director Tsuyoshi Sugiyama staged the play for the Vietnam Youth Theatre with the participation of Japanese artists last December. It took the team three years to cast the roles and build the set, and another 3 months to arrange the performance. “We organize annual workshops to introduce writer Checkhov’s works to the Vietnamese audience and adapt his plays to the Vietnamese culture to make them easier for a Vietnamese audience to understand and enjoy. In our last rehearsal for this year’s performance of the play ‘Uncle Vanya’, we invited 15 Japanese experts in sound, light, costumes, and props to support us. We’ve done… Read full this story
- Vietnamese universities named in Best Global Universities Rankings for the first time
- Avant-garde violinist Kishi Bashi performs at Norwalk’s Wall Street Theater
- Some unofficial performance figures for the Nissan Leaf leaked out
- A Japanese Limo Lost In Canada
- Toyota Supra TRD Concept Debuts On Japanese Parts Website
- Sebastian Vettel press conference ahead of the 2018 Japanese GP
- Mario Isola happy with Pirelli performance in Japan
- 2013 Subaru BRZ performance figures out, again
- American Show, Japanese Parts
- 2018 Japanese GP, Kimi Raikkonen reaction after the race: "A poor weekend overall"
Japanese and Vietnamese perform “Uncle Vanya” have 307 words, post on english.vov.vn at October 21, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.