Ho Chi Minh City has beaten strong contenders to be ranked as the world’s fourth best hub for street food, according to the latest survey by business magazine CEOWorld.
The magazine released the Street Food City Index 2019, the first survey of its kind, last Thursday.
The New York-based business magazine polled 92,000 business travellers and 1,400 corporate travel agents from over 86 countries and territories between July and September, 2019.
The three-month survey evaluated the cities on four parameters including number of street food vendors, affordability, number of street food experiences, and food hygiene.
Of the parameters, the number of street food vendors and affordability were referenced from the databases collected by Google Maps and Numbeo, a crowd-sourced global database of reported consumer prices.
Meanwhile, data from the United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) was used to rank the cities by food hygiene.
Singapore was ranked first on the 2019 index, followed by Bangkok, Thailand and Hong Kong, China.
Ho Chi Minh City came fourth while Mumbai, India finished in the top five.
Other cities in the top ten were Rome in Italy, Tel Aviv in Israel, Sydney in Australia, Mexico City in Mexico, and Portland and Oregon in the U.S.
Other popular tourist attractions were also named by the list, including Seoul, South Korea (13th), Paris, France (15th), Tokyo, Japan (19th), and Beijing, China (44th).
CEOWorld targets CEOs, CFOs, high-level executive professionals, business leaders, and high net worth individuals, according to the magazine’s website.
Vietnamese cuisine has become more popular worldwide over the last couple of years.
Earlier this month, the Southeast Asian country was recognized as Asia’s Leading Culinary Destination at the 26th World Travel Awards organized on Phu Quoc, an island off the southern Vietnamese province of Kien Giang.
- From Hanoi to Ho Chi Minh City: Vietnam surprises and delights
- Kim pays respects at embalmed body of Vietnam's Ho Chi Minh
- A Chef’s Table Spin-off Called Street Food Will Hit Netflix Next Month
- This Street Food Quiz Will Determine Which Continent You Should Really Live On
- Eat A Bunch Of Street Food To Reveal Which Continent You Should Really Live On
- In photos: Street food in Asia
- The London street food charity kickstarting careers for young people
- This Week On The Inter Webz: What $1 Buys You In Street Food Around The World 😋
- Hot dogs, cheese fries, shakes: The best of Chicago street food at Lucky Dawgs 2 — JLB review
- Food trends: CBD, street food coming to 2019 menus