Hanoi (VNA) –
Hanoi has been ranked fifth among the
The Italian tourism website described Hanoi as a hectic, crazy and often confusing city.
It said Hanoi is a popular city for many travellers across the world.
“From street food markets to cultural museums and scenic freshwater lakes, Hanoi has something for all tastes.”
Hanoi is a wonderful base from which to explore the north of Vietnam, including the world natural heritage site of Ha Long Bay in the northeastern province of Quang Ninh and the popular resort town of Sa Pa in the northern mountainous province of Lao Cai, the website said.
Visitors can also enjoy the comforts of a modern vibrant city, it added.
Tokyo (Japan) topped the list, followed by Bali (Indonesia), Singapore, and Seoul (the Republic of Korea).
Siem Reap (Cambodia) and Chiang Mai (Thailand) came sixth and seventh.
Hanoi welcomed more than 4.7 million foreign tourists in the first nine months of 2019, a year-on-year increase of 10.1 percent, according to the municipal Department of Tourism.
It has been selected to compete for the title of World’s Leading City Destination at the 2019 World Travel Awards (WTA). The deadline for voting is October 20 at the WTA’s website http://www.worldtravelawards.com/vote./.
- Paul George felt Thunder was the best place to win
- Bill Belichick mic'd up against Packers, here are seven best things about incredible NFL Films clip
- Jordan Rossiter in ‘best place’ to make an impact for Rangers
- New Bucks coach Mike Budenholzer: ‘I think I’m in the best place in the league’
- The 5 best places to watch the Marathon Classic
- The 100 Best Places to Raise a Family in Wisconsin. See Where Menomonee Falls is Ranked
- Seven best free agents still on the market
- Week Seven “best bets”
- The Best Places in Monaco to Watch the F1 Grand Prix
- 18 of the best places to watch the World Cup final in Manchester, Liverpool and more UK cities