Hanoi (VNA) –
A groundbreaking ceremony was held for the
in Hanoi, the largest of its kind nationwide, in the capital’s
on October 6, with the participation of Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc.
The project worth nearly 4.2 billion USD is invested in by Vietnam’s BRG Group and Japan’s Sumitomo Group, and covers 272 hectares.
It is based on the smart urban planning scheme of Nhat Tan-Noi Bai axis which is over 11km long, and divided into five phases which are expected to be fully completed by 2028.
The highlight of this project will be a 108-storey financial tower. Investors have the ambition of turning this place into a financial centre of Vietnam and Southeast Asia as a whole.
A multifunctional smart monitoring and warning system will be installed to keep track of the quality air and water, the weather, and natural disaster risks as well as security and safety.
A management system of smart buildings and renewable energy technology will be prioritised to optimise energy supply and storage.
The implementation of an environmentally-friendly public transport system will help connect the smart city with the centre of Hanoi.
The project is taken as a reiteration of Vietnam’s commitments to implementing sustainable smart city development project between 2018 and 2025, with a vision to 2030, with the main goal of establishing a chain of smart cities in the northern, central and southern regions, and the Mekong Delta./.
- Ho Chi Minh City green-lights Lotte Eco-smart City
- Smart Cities Market To Exhibit 13.6% CAGR Till 2020: Grand View Research, Inc.
- Global Smart Cities Market 2016: Industry Size, Review, Research, Statistics and Growth to 2020
- Global Smart Cities Market Size, Shares up to 2020
- Smart Cities Market Share, Supply Demand, share and Value Chain 2016-2020
- Help is Here for Your Wedding Ceremony
- Global Smart Transportation Market 2016: Industry Review, Research, Statistics, and Growth to 2021
- Kansas City Smart Port and Future Technologies Considered
- Visible Light Communication/Light Fidelity Market Projected To Expand $101.30 Billion By 2024
- How Do Cities Grow?