Da Nang (VNA) – More than 1,500 people and 100 vehicles took part in a fire-fighting drill held on October 16 in the central city of Da Nang by the Ministry of Public Security, the Ministry of Defence and the municipal People’s Committee.
The scenario was a blaze in the Han River Restaurant on the third floor of Vinpearl Condotel Riverfront Da Nang Hotel caused by a gas leak, which led to the collapse of the restaurant and part of the second floor.
Rescuers tried to evacuate 300 people from the building and extinguish the blaze.
Firemen and vehicles from the neighbouring provinces of Quang Nam and Thua Thien-Hue were mobilised to support the efforts, while the Ministry of Defence sent rescue helicopters to the site.
The drill took place safely and successfully.
According to the organisers, the practice aimed to raise awareness among departments and agencies across the city about fire prevention and fighting and rescue activities, while enhancing coordination between police forces and other relevant units in handling massive fires and explosions.
It was also used to test the effectiveness of fire-fighting equipment and communication work during an unexpected incident./.
- Trump, Xi Could Meet in Da Nang on 27-28 February
- Waters Off Syrian Coast Closed Off for Russian Navy Missile Drills
- Leonardo Da Vinci's inky fingerprint is revealed on a drawing
- Where in Portugal did Madeleine McCann vanish and where is the Ocean Club in Praia da Luz?
- Katie Taylor makes weight at 134.2lbs before fight with undefeated Eva Wahlstrom
- Where in Portugal did Madeleine McCann disappear from and where is the Ocean Club in Praia da Luz?
- Da Costa holds off reigning Formula E champ Vergne in Saudi Arabi
- Da Vinci works exhibited at 'once in a generation' display by Ulster Museum
- 112.ua: Ukrainian law enforcers held drills in the Azov Sea
- US, S Korea to Downsize Military Drills Amid N Korea Denuclearisation