Police in Haiphong have successfully arrested a Vietnamese woman suspected of being the gang leader of an international drug trafficking ring between the northern port city and the Republic of Korea (RoK).
|Suspect Loan at the police station:|
Upon her arrest the suspect was identified as 29-year-old Le Thi Loan of Thuy Nguyen district in Haiphong. Loan is married to a Korean man and is currently living in the RoK.
According to police, Loan confessed to starting a gang made up of other drug traffickers with the aim of transporting drugs from Vietnam to the RoK.
The busts came after police noticed a suspicious woman at Cat Bi Airport on October 12. The woman was identified as Cu Thi Nguyet and she was carrying a large number of goods, including a suspicious looking teddy bear. Upon conducting a search of the woman and her luggage, the police discovered 140.78 grams of MDMA and 17.92 grams of ketamine stashed inside the teddy bear.
Upon questioning, Nguyet admitted to being hired by Loan for the purpose of transporting the teddy bear from Haiphong to the RoK via air.
The police successfully arrested Loan on October 16, before expanding their investigation in order to arrest other members of her gang.
- Gunman arrested after standoff at Los Angeles Trader Joe's store
- Drug kingpin Joaquin 'El Chapo' Guzmán found guilty of funneling tons of narcotics into the U.S.
- [Updated] Facebook Executive Arrested in Brazil, Company Won’t Share Encrypted Messages with Law Enforcement
- Three arrested for attempting to smuggle people to US
- Kosovo rejects Hashim Thaci organ-trafficking claims
- Bizarre moment four drug smugglers RESCUE police officers who fell into the sea when their boats collided during a high-speed chase off Spanish coast
- Ubisoft’s Wildlands documentary about the South American drug trade is available now
- Anarchy at 'Go Topless' beach party in Texas: Calls to ban the event after more than a hundred people are arrested, mass brawls break out and one Jeep catches on fire in drunken havoc
- Crime victim who called female police officer 'fatty' and 'useless' in emails is cleared by jury of sending offensive messages in just 40 minutes
- 7 suspects arrested in deadly Sri Lanka attacks