According to the recent statistics of the Ministry of Industry and Trade, the nation gained US$194.3 billion from exporting, a year-on-year increase of 8.2% and making up 73.9% of the year’s plan.
Exports to countries signing the Free Trade Agreement (FTA) with Viet Nam saw high growths such as Japan up 10%, the Republic of Korea up 8.1%, ASEAN up 4.7%, Russia up 13.9% and New Zealand up 12.5%.
Viet Nam’s export value to two American nations which are members of the CPTPP rocketed such as Canada US$2.9 billion, up 30.9% and Mexico US$2.2 billion, up 27%.
In nine months, the U.S. maintained the largest export of Viet Nam with the export value of US$44.86 billion, up 28.2%.
As the negotiations and signing of FTAs have reduced tariffs and expanded market for Viet Nam, the Ministry of Industry and Trade highlighted the importance of improving the national competitiveness, attracting more foreign and domestic investment and development of auxiliary industry, infrastructure and human resources to maximize benefits from the FTAs.
By Thuy Dung
- Export control regimes and Pakistan’s commitment
- North Korea flouts sanctions, earning $200 mln from banned exports: UN
- Rice exports: grow 27% in Jul-Feb FY18
- Sindh cabinet approves additional subsidy for sugar export
- Graphic Novel Review: Rocket: The Blue River Score; I Am Groot: The Forgotten Door; All-New Guardians of the Galaxy: Riders in the Sky
- Imports and exports face delays at EPZ
- Meeting: ‘TDAP facilitating all exporting sectors’
- UK car manufacturing stabilised in January thanks to growth in exports, says SMMT
- Enhancing Exports: Pakistan needs to focus on quality
- Israeli warplanes hit Gaza after new rocket attack