The Tesla boss tweeted on Sunday, “Took my son to play piano for the seniors home in Pasadena. It was lovely to see them smile.” Mr Musk was then asked if he would like to share the video of his son’s piano performance for the senior citizens.
To the excitement of his Twitter followers, the billionaire space entrepreneur obliged.
In reaction to the video, one Twitter follower tweeting under the tag, @opengreenseas, said: “Beautiful!
“Visiting the Senior population is such a Noble act.
“I was raised by my Grandparents and always have viewed Seniors as such amazing people.
“They have so much wisdom to share.
“Many are very lonely.
“I hope your son continues playing the piano for them.”
Mr Musk was taking some family time out amidst his ambitions to make humanity a multi-planetary species.
Last month, billionaire entrepreneur Elon Musk unveiled the latest iteration of his space company’s newly assembled Starship, outlining a speedy development timeline for the centerepiece vehicle of SpaceX’s quest to launch humans to the moon and Mars.
Mr Musk showed a crowd of space enthusiasts and reporters at SpaceX’s rocket development site late on Saturday in the remote village of Boca Chica, Texas, animations of Starship landing on the moon and Mars and predicted that the rocket’s first orbital flight could come in the next six months, followed by missions to space with humans aboard the next year.
Mr Musk said: “This is basically the holy grail of space.
“The critical breakthrough that’s needed for us to become a space-faring civilisation is to make space travel like air travel.”
DON’T MISS:Asteroid shock: ‘Clock is ticking’ human race must leave Earth(news)Elon Musk: ‘Pretty big AI mistake caused tragedy of errors'(news)SpaceX news: Elon Musk is the Thomas Edison of the 21st century(news)
Starship, a shiny steel rocketship designed to ferry dozens of humans to the moon and Mars, is the top half of Musk’s colossal interplanetary rocket system that stands 387 feet tall (118 meters) as the latest addition to SpaceX’s lineup of reusable launch vehicles.
Musk named Japanese billionaire Yusaku Maezawa as Starship’s first private passenger in 2018.
The Boca Chica village, a few miles north of the Mexican border, is ground zero for SpaceX’s three-year experimental test program for Starship, whose rocket engine tests have rattled the nerves of residents living in a remote hamlet of roughly two dozen homes a mile away.
“I think the actual danger to the Boca Chica village is low but it’s not tiny,” Musk said during a question and answer session. “So probably over time it’d be better to buy out the villages, and we’ve made an offer to that effect.”
Some residents have rejected SpaceX’s non-negotiable offer to buyout their homes for three times the market value.
A three-legged prototype of the rocket named Starhopper has test launched in the village twice since July, most recently flying as high as 500 feet (152 meters) and landing on an adjacent slab of concrete to trial Musk’s next generation rocket engine dubbed Raptor.
Musk’s mission to the moon aligns with NASA’s goal of sending humans there by 2024 under its Artemis program, an accelerated deep-space initiative spurred by the Trump administration in March that aims to work with a handful of US space companies in building a long-term presence on the lunar surface before eventually colonising Mars.
The space agency has tapped SpaceX to figure out how to land vehicles on the lunar surface and help develop a system for refuelling rockets, like Starship, in space, an “important technology to aid sustained exploration efforts on the Moon and Mars,” NASA said.
NASA has awarded SpaceX and Boeing billions to build competing rocket and capsule systems to launch astronauts into orbit from American soil for the first time since 2011.
- Elon Musk vs. Jeff Bezos: Who's going to win in space?
- Catch landing: Elon Musk reveals that SpaceX will try to nab its Crew Dragon capsules in giant NETS as they come in from orbit
- Tesla CEO Elon Musk is seen enjoys a Sunday drive in the passenger seat of his personal Cybertruck
- Elon Musk by Ashlee Vance review – how one tech billionaire plans to save the world
- Inventor, space entrepreneur, and now EDM artist: Elon Musk drops surprise techno track
- Elon Musk is a SoundCloud rapper now, in 2020’s weirdest twist
- Elon Musk's Techno Song 'Don't Doubt ur Vibe' Praised on Twitter: 'Are You Looking For a Label?'
- Amber Heard and Tesla Founder Elon Musk Show PDA During First Public Outing in Australia
- 'Don't doubt yer vibe': Elon Musk shows off musical prowess with EDM track
- Elon Musk Can’t Lose
- Elon Musk Reveals 'Painful' and 'Excruciating' Year in Tear-Filled Interview
- SpaceX successfully launches another batch of 60 Starlink internet satellites after two days of weather delays, bringing the total number in orbit around the Earth to 180
- Narayana Murthy touches ‘great friend’ Ratan Tata’s feet at TiEcon Mumbai, wins over Twitter
- 'I was crying. I told him I'm on my period': Production assistant sobs as she tells trial how Harvey Weinstein 'forcibly performed oral sex on her in one of his children's rooms' - but admits remaining in contact with him in the months after
- Grimes Feels 'Woefully Ill-Prepared' for Pregnancy & Reveals She 'Had Some Complications Early On'
- Where in the world are GitLab’s workers? Anywhere
- A Broken Place: The Spectacular Failure Of The Startup That Was Going To Change The World
- Brits left behind in coronavirus ground zero: UK airlift will take off TONIGHT with 150 evacuees onboard as others complain of being left stranded and being given just TWO HOURS to get across Wuhan ghost town
- Hundreds of British expats stuck in coronavirus-hit Wuhan 'will fly back on THURSDAY' in Government's evacuation mission as teacher and heavily pregnant wife stuck in the Chinese city beg for rescue
- Europe's first cases of human-to-human Coronavirus: FOUR German workers catch the disease after Chinese colleague visited from Shanghai - as the death toll hits more than 130
Elon Musk heartache: SpaceX founder shares touching video of son performing for Seniors have 1009 words, post on feedproxy.google.com at October 28, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.