The initial purpose of Vbee, according to Trang, was to be a reader in Vietnamese for 2 million blind and visually impaired.
Having researched and developed Vbee, the first app using AI to convert text to speech for Vietnamese, Nguyen Thu Trang from the Hanoi University of Science and Technology wants to bring Vbee to the digital voice market, which is estimated to have a value of $49 billion.
|After 10 years of research and development, Vbee now is focusing on text-to-speech technology with natural intonation and smart conversations dedicated to Vietnamese. This allows businesses and agencies to save costs and manpower for customer services.|
After 10 years of research and development, Vbee now is focusing on text-to-speech technology with natural intonation and smart conversations dedicated to Vietnamese. This allows businesses and agencies to save costs and manpower for customer services.
A question has been raised whether Vbee has advantages compared with Google, Apple and Amazon. Trang affirmed that Vbee is the core solution and the first Vietnamese-language commercialized solution.
When she was a student, Nguyen Thi Thu Trang was part of a volunteer group that made audio books for visually impaired people.
The AirVisual app, whose data indicated that Hanoi has at times topped its list of 90 major global cities suffering from air pollution, has been restored for download on Google Play and Apple’s App Store in Vietnam.
- Voice-powered virtual assistant Alexa saves girlfriend from a ‘beating’
- Amazon Echo's Alexa is yet another virtual assistant reinforcing sexist stereotypes
- Doctors develop 'transformational' new DNA test for Down's syndrome
- ADB assists high-tech agriculture development in Can Tho city
- Foreign investors eye Vietnamese promising insurance market
- Doctor Who: The Edge Of Time to let you face off against Daleks, save the Doctor and the universe in virtual reality
- US-China trade war puts pressure on Vietnamese agricultural products
- Vietnamese banks come closer to big deals
- Undeniable role of Vietnamese soldiers in Cambodia’s victory
- Việt Nam to develop cattle breeding, say officials