BEIJING, Oct. 17 (Xinhua) — China’s women’s basketball team will start their quest for an Olympic berth in the Asia-Oceania pre-qualifying tournament against South Korea, organizers announced on Thursday.
The FIBA women’s Olympic Asia-Oceania pre-qualifying tournament will be held from November 14-17. Group A matches will take place in New Zealand, featuring China, South Korea, New Zealand and the Philippines, while Group B consisting of Japan, Australia, Chinese Taipei and India will have matches played in Malaysia.
The New Zealand side, known as the Tall Ferns, revealed the competition schedule on Twitter on Thursday.
China will take on South Korea on Nov. 14, before facing New Zealand on Nov. 16 and the Philippines on Nov. 17 respectively.
The top two teams in each group of Asia-Oceania pre-qualifying tournament will advance to the FIBA women’s Olympic qualifying tournaments in February 2020.
The African tournament, featuring six teams, will produce two qualifying spots, while the Americas competition will witness eight teams contend for four qualifying spots.
The top six teams from the 2019 FIBA Women’s EuroBasket tournament – namely Spain, France, Serbia, Britain, Sweden and Belgium – will proceed directly to the Olympic qualifying tournaments.
Sixteen teams in the Olympic qualifying tournaments will be allocated into four groups, with the top three teams from each group qualifying for the 2020 Tokyo Olympic Games.
Reigning Olympic champions the United States and hosts Japan have qualified directly for the Tokyo Games.
- USA Basketball Team For 2008 Olympics
- USA Basketball Candidates Official
- 9 Things You Absolutely Must Know Before Deciding to Teach in Korea
- Women: Presidents And Prime Ministers In The 20th Century
- Cuba - Olympic Sport And Dictatorship
- MBBS in China: Shaping Lives of Medical Aspirants
- China Part I
- Asian Residential Property Buyers Beware!
- Sport And Third World - Cuba And Laos
- Chile's Success Proves Neo-Liberalism Works
- Unrestrained Globalization Will Defeat The American Athlete
- World Cup Draw 2006
- Fidel Castro Is Not Augusto Pinochet
- HIV Diagnostics Market size worth $4.9 Billion by 2023: Global Market Insights, Inc.
- World Cup 2006 - Reaction To Group Stage Draw
- Harry S. Truman (1945-1953)
- Maybe It's Not That Complicated
- The History of Samsung
- World Cup 2006 Group Stage Review - Phase One - Part Two
- How to Find the Rigt Job
China to kick off women's basketball Olympic pre-qualifying campaign against South Korea have 349 words, post on www.xinhuanet.com at October 17, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.