In its annual housing outlook, the Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation said housing starts in 2019 would likely decline to between 188,500 and 196,000 units before stabilizing at around 200,000 units in 2020 and 2021 – a figure below the 10-year high of 219,763 units in 2017.
Home sales and prices were expected to increase over the next two years thanks to income and population growth, the agency said, noting that sales, which have declined since 2016, could reach between 498,000 and 519,100 by 2021 as household disposable income grows.
“Existing home sales will remain essentially flattened in 2019,” Bob Dugan, CMHC‘s chief economist, told reporters on a conference call. “However, sales will then start to increase, offsetting much of the recent declines we’ve seen by 2021.”CMHC said the average home price in Canada is projected to hit around C$488,000 ($373,174.28) in 2019, down from the C$511,830 high in 2017. By 2021, the agency said the average price for a home could be between C$539,800 and C$569,600.
Global trade tensions and high levels of household debt continue to be vulnerabilities, CMHC cautioned. If interest rates or unemployment rose more than expected, “households could face greater budgetary constraints leading to downward pressure on the economy and housing activity,” it said. ($1 = 1.3077 Canadian dollars)
- UK Housing Market Update
- Mortgage Applications Rise As Housing Market Sees Some Welcome Action
- Augusta Georgia Housing Market
- The Housing Market in Ontario and Kitchener Waterloo
- Network Marketing - My First Year and What I Learned
- House Prices Expected to Fall For at Least a Year
- Real Estate Market - Unexpected Relief From Foreign Shores Buoy the Housing Market
- Republican Presidential Candidate John McCain on the Housing Market and Foreclosure Crisis
- Housing Market Crash - I'll Take the Blame
- Housing Market in the UK
- Democratic Presidential Candidate Barack Obama on the Housing Market and Foreclosure Crisis
- Housing market has turned the corner: CBA's Matt Comyn
- Governments Loan Modification Plan to Save the US Housing Market
- Positive Signs For the Housing Market
- Will the Housing Market Have a Quick Rebound Or Bottom For a While?
- Should I Purchase a House Now Or Wait For the Market to Hit Rock Bottom?
- Options on Selling Your House in a Falling Market
- What is Renegade Network Marketing?
- Marketing in a Downturn Economy - Your Ticket to Survival and Success
- Insurance Marketing Territory - Great Product Marketing States
Canada's housing market expected to recover in next two years: Report have 394 words, post on realty.economictimes.indiatimes.com at October 25, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.