CẦN THƠ — An international exhibition and conference on Việt Nam’s aquaculture sector kicked off in the Cửu Long (Mekong) Delta City of Cần Thơ on Wednesday.
The event, which runs until Friday, is showcasing new technology and services for the fisheries sector brought by more than 100 firms from 20 countries and territories.
It also presents a fisheries value chain with comprehensive coverage of food, disease prevention, processing, market, food safety and sustainable aquatic farming.
Several conferences will be held with the participation of many experts to give firms the chance to introduce their products and services to customers.
In her opening remarks, Rungphech Chitanuwat from UBM Asia praised Việt Nam’s huge potential and fruitful results in the aquaculture sector.
However, fierce competition in the international market together with the requirements of sustainable development requires farmers and businesses in Việt Nam to constantly innovate their production methods, source new raw materials, update equipment to improve the quality of their products and cut production costs, she said.
Aquaculture Việt Nam 2019 is expected to lure more than 6,000 visitors. The second edition is jointly organised by UBM Asia – an affiliate of Informa Markets Asia, the Việt Nam Fisheries Society (VINAFIS) and the International Collaborating Centre for Aquaculture and Fisheries Sustainability (ICAFIS). — VNS
- Minneapolis to host Final Four in 2019
- Cal to host UC Davis in 2019, Cal Poly in 2020
- Royal Portrush in Northern Ireland to host British Open in 2019
- Report: Falcons continue push for bid to host Super Bowl in 2019
- Royal Portrush to host British Open in 2019
- Donald Trump WILL host World Series champion Washington Nationals at the White House on Monday
- ACC men’s tourney to return to North Carolina in 2019 and ’20
- Inverness Club to host US Junior Amateur in 2019
- NFL turning to South for 2019, 2020 Super Bowls
- HCM City to host Vietnam–RoK Culture and Tourism Festival