Ba Na Hills has become the landmark projects for foreign tourists to Danang A huge gap to fill in the market According to a recent research, 70 per cent of international travelers to Vietnam arrive with the purpose of discovery. Average tourist spending for sightseeing activities only accounts for 11.9 per cent of the total spending during the trip. This figure is much lower than the 50 per cent in Malaysia and the 70 per cent in Thailand. The fact is that Vietnam lacks attractive tourism products to increase tourist spending, which has remained a bottleneck for the tourism industry in the past years. Vietnam posted impressive tourist arrival figures every year and has even become one of the world’s Top 10 fastest-growing tourist destinations in 2017. However, its revenue from tourism continues to lag behind its neighbouring peers. A decade ago, Vietnam’s tourism industry was stagnating due to the global economic crisis in 2008. Vietnam only received 3.8 million tourist arrivals in 2009, 300,000 of whom visited Danang. Apart from pristine beaches, the city did not offer any unique tourism products to attract travellers at the time. Ho Chi Minh City was the only city in Vietnam being home… Read full this story
- Vietnam remains attractive investment destination for German firms
- Surge of Thai visitors lifts Da Nang hopes for tourism market diversity
- 3 Vietnamese cities among world's most visited destinations
- Agro-tourism makes Lam Dong province special
- Kbang Tourism Festival 2019 to promote Gia Lai
- Vietnam tourism brand could revel in world-class cultural festivals
- Tech advance to modernize Vietnam tourism
- Why foreign tourists hesitate to spend big in Vietnam?
- ADB tourism infrastructure project to boost inclusive growth in Vietnam's secondary towns
- NA Chairwoman meets Belarusian President
Ba Na Hills turns Vietnam into emerging leisure tourism destination have 290 words, post on www.vir.com.vn at October 15, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.