Hanoi (VNA) –
Agriculture and fisheries cooperation among members of the
(ASEAN) will help Brunei expand its economy and strengthen its diversification efforts, the country’s Minister of Primary Resources and Tourism Haji Ali said on October 12.
The minister made the remarks at the Senior Officials’ Meeting of the 41st Meeting of the ASEAN Ministers’ on Agriculture and Forestry (SOM-41st AMAF) in Bandar Seri Begawan capital city.
Cooperation under AMAF is important to Brunei, Haji Ali said, adding that apart from opening opportunities to develop the country’s agriculture, fisheries and forestry sectors, the collaboration will also assist the country in pursuing its vision to further accelerate the growth of output in these sectors, which will contribute to the growth and diversification of the country’s economy towards achieving Brunei vision 2035.
Another important factor to achieve rapid and continuous growth in agriculture, fisheries and forestry sectors for Brunei is promoting the use of modern technology and techniques, he said.
This is very important to increase the sectors’ productivity and enhance the sectors’ international competitiveness, he affirmed.
, Brunei will also host the 41st AMAF, the 19th AMAF plus Three (China, Japan and the Republic of Korea) on October 15-16./.
- ASEAN agriculture, fisheries cooperation helps Brunei diversify economy: minister
- Portfolio management services help in diversifying investment risks
- Welcome to Britain, but we'd like you to live up North: Home Secretary Priti Patel's migrant points plan will help boost northern economy by tempting talent away from the capital
- How Minority Grants Help Boost The Economy
- Vietnam looks ahead to 2020 Asean Chairmanship
- ASEAN pledges to join global efforts in coping with climate change
- Turkic Council member states mull expanding cooperation
- India's Central Bank Survey Paints Gloomy Picture of Economy
- Exhibition features photos, documentaries on ASEAN Community