Lafayette Daily Advertiser
Published 8:00 AM EDT Oct 3, 2019
Ascension Episcopal Blue Gators swimmer Ashley Gill continued her dominant showing this year during a meet last week.
Gill, who is undefeated on the season, won both of her events — the 200 individual medley and the 100 butterfly — last week.
“Since it’s very early in the season, last week was a very good starting point for me,” Gill said. “I am positive that as the season continues, my times will drop more and more.”
In 2018, Gill was selected as an all-district, all-league and all-star. Gill was the LHSAA Division 4 State Champion in the 100 Freestyle and 100 Backstroke and a member of the Blue Gators’ state-record holding relay.
“Besides me training six days a week in the pool year-round, my coaches, family and teammates have had a huge impact on my success,” Gill said. “After seeing my best friend and (former) teammate Jillian Barczyk earn a scholarship to a Division I school, it has motivated me to keep pushing myself harder than I ever have before.”
Gill is being recruited to swim in college by LSU, Colorado State, TCU, University of New Mexico and James Madison.
- Harvard just canceled the men’s soccer team’s season after a sexually explicit ‘scouting report’ of female students emerged
- 7 of Wall Street’s top athletes share their rigorous workout plans
- Could female UFC champion Ronda Rousey beat Floyd Mayweather?
- 7 of Wall Street’s top athletes share their intense workout routines
- The intense competition that determines ‘Wall Street’s Best Athlete’ is now going to be on TV
- Inside the intense event that decides ‘Wall Street’s Best Athlete’
- 37-year-old Olympian explains how she stays so dominant at an age when most athletes retire
- 37-year-old Kerri Walsh-Jennings explains how she stays so dominant at an age when most athletes retire
- A closer look at athlete diversity
- The best-dressed athletes and celebrities at the 2017 ESPYs
- Single mom, 22, who got pregnant aged 14 undergoes rigorous six-week lifestyle makeover to transform her body and regain confidence - while teaching her daughter that 'self love is important'
- Ashley Madison says it’s still growing by hundreds of thousands of users
- Denny’s ‘Diary’: From page – or tab – to screen
- These are the first women to earn the prestigious Army Ranger tab
- The 19 hottest female-founded startups of 2015
- 9 of the youngest athletes competing at the 2016 Olympics
- Bondoc nabs ‘Male Junior Athlete of the Year’ honor
- Sportswriters name Diaz as Athlete of the Year
- Hong Kong athlete says coach abused her as teen
- Black bags UAAP Player of the Week plum
Ascension's Ashley Gill tabbed as Female Athlete of the Week have 412 words, post on eu.theadvertiser.com at October 2, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.