The 2014 Voluntary Youth Year kicked off in the northern province of Dien Bien on January 19 with a series of activities in support of underprivileged children and families of war heroes.
|(photo for illustration only: VGP)|
The year will focus on the construction of new-style rural and urban areas so as to bring about better social well-being.
Over the past 15 years, the voluntary youth campaign has spread widely with tens of millions of students taking part, during which they have raised their sense of responsibility for national construction and defence.
Following the launch ceremony, the provincial youngsters visited and presented gifts to needy students, the poor and those who rendered services to the nation.
They also voluntarily donated blood, offered free health check-ups and medicine to the locals and launched construction of a new cultural village house.
- Activities marking the Dien Bien Phu victory
- Troops conduct mass mobilization activities in Dien Bien’s locality
- Dien Bien province effectively complete military-defense tasks for 2019
- New Year Honours list 2019 in full - from stars to heroes of tragedy and terror
- Wushu to make its Youth Olympics debut as official sport in Dakar 2022
- AP Exclusive: Dozens allege abuse at youth detention center
2014 Voluntary Youth Year starts in Dien Bien have 196 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at October 28, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.