Speaking at the event, Le Thi Nguyet, deputy head of the NA’s Committee for Social Affairs, said the integration of gender equality into the building of the 2015 Law on State Budget was an important premise to achieve the target of equality in access to and management of national resources. The Law on Gender Equality, which was approved by the Vietnamese legislature in 2006, has set basic principles of gender equality, including the integration of gender equality in the building and execution of laws and policies, she said. Therefore, the Law on State Budget has included gender equality into State budget management principles and made gender equality a basis to build the annual State budget estimate. Delegates shared the view that although Vietnam has reached noted achievements in ensuring gender equality such as the higher rates of female in the NA and in the workforce, there remain many problems. The percentage of women holding management positions is lower than that among men. Average income of female labourers is lower than that of their male counterparts, and women still bear the main responsibility for house work. Regarding the implementation of regulations of the Law on State Budget, the participants said the… Read full this story
- Jessica Chastain talks gender pay gap disparity in Hollywood: 'It’s also the right thing to do'
- Gov. Eric Holcomb talks teacher pay, budgets and his seldom-used elliptical
- Meghan Markle finally reveals her due date and talks gender!
- Is It Possible to Raise Your Child Entirely Without Gender From Birth?
- Gender pay parity laws are still falling short, here’s why
- AFI Gets Federal Grant For Study Of Gender Parity American Film History
- Rep. Pramila Jayapal Gives Emotional Speech About Her Gender-Nonconforming Child
- READ: Text of Gov. J.B. Pritzker’s budget address
- What media teach kids about gender can have lasting effects, report says
- If Beale Street Could Talk’s Regina King: ‘51 per cent of the world’s population is female so shouldn’t our workforces look like that?’
Workshop talks gender responsive budgeting have 346 words, post on en.nhandan.org.vn at September 17, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.