The Vietnam Reform and Development Forum (VRDF) 2019 will take place on September 19 at the National Convention Center (NCC) in Hanoi with the theme “Vietnam: Aspiration for prosperity – Priorities and actions”.
|VRDF 2019 will invite participants to build an action strategy for prosperity in the next development phase|
VRDF 2019 is the continuation of the previous Vietnam Development Forum (VDF), but aims to be more inclusive by covering teh development issues of Vietnam with the participation of policymakers, development partners, domestic and foreign experts, and private sector representatives. The forum will take place annually in 2018-2021.
Based on the success of VRDF 2018, the MPI reported to the prime minister and was approved to collaborate with the World Bank and other development partners for the organisation of VRDF 2019.
Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc will not only attend and speak at the forum, but will also attend direct discussions with representatives.
VRDF 2019 is taking place as Vietnam is nearing the end of its third 10-year socioeconomic development strategy (2011-2020) and is looking to start a new decade.
VRDF 2019 aims to collect comments and recommendations from domestic and international experts for the next 10-year socioeconomic development strategy (2021-2030), collect orientations and tasks for the next five-year socio-economic development plan (2021-2025), which will be submitted to the 11th Central Party Committee in October.
According to Phan Ngoc Mai Phuong, deputy general director of the Development Strategy Institute (DSI) under the MPI, the theme of VRDF 2019 expresses the efforts of the government and the people to promote innovation and startup entrepreneurship, and improve productivity.
This is also the commitment of the government to complete the market-oriented economy institutions, and a showing of the determination of the government to exercise innovation to overcome the middle-income trap and achieve fast and sustainable growth.
By Nguyen Huong
- John Wick Action-Strategy Game Announced For Consoles, PC
- TAT devises “DISCO Plan” to implement tourism action strategies for 2013
- JetAsia builds its strategy on Japan and China
- General election 2019: Labour gambles on 'radical' strategy
- The 9 Cheapest Places to Fly Right Now (Summer 2019)
- The 10 Cheapest Places to Fly Right Now (Fall 2019)
- Hawaiian Airlines Will Add Basic Economy in 2019
- Cold Pursuit trailer: Liam Neeson is cold as ice in new action thriller
- First Shaft trailer brings all three generations together for the action
- Dora the Explorer will embark on a big screen adventure in late Summer 2019