A Vietinbank office. The bank’s shares finished Thursday up 2.2 per cent. — Photo vneconomy.vn Vietnamese shares advanced on Thursday as attention was shifted to banking, securities, technology and retail companies. The benchmark VN-Index on the Ho Chi Minh Stock Exchange rose 0.20 per cent to close at 997.10 points. The VN-Index dropped slightly by 0.16 per cent on Wednesday. Nearly 187 million shares were traded on the southern bourse, worth VND3.9 trillion (US$167.7 million). Large-cap stocks lifted the market as the VN30-Index increased by 0.59 per cent to 918.88 points. In the VN30 basket, 13 of the 30 largest stocks by market capitalisation and trading liquidity made gains while 15 declined. Among the biggest increasing large-cap stocks were Vietinbank (CTG), Sacombank (STB), Mobile World Investment Corp (MWG), FPT Corp (FPT), SSI Securities Corp (SSI) and HCM City Securities Corp (HCM). Those stocks were also the driving force for their industries. The banking, securities, technology and retail sector indices were up between 0.9 per cent and 2.4 per cent, data on vietstock.vn showed. Mid-cap and small-cap stock indices VNMID-Index and VNSML-Index made modest gains of 0.09 per cent and 0.25 per cent. Sai Gon-Ha Noi Securities Corp (SHS) attributed the… Read full this story
- How Far Will Abiomed, 3 More Growth Stocks In The Medical Sector Run?
- These 5 Top Financial Stocks Held Up In Sector Sell-Off: Here's Why
- ASX's troubled large caps must consider shrinking their empires
- Vietnam's Techcombank tumbles in market debut as investors revalue large caps
- Buy smallcap shares now as these unhurt by 2 big economic worries, says ace stock picker Shankar Sharma
- Breakouts Scarce In Stock Market, But RH Soars
- Stock Market Forecast For The Next Six Months: What Can You Expect?
- Positive outlook for stock market despite downward trend in May
- Why midcap stocks still hold promise despite recent sell-off and how to invest in them now
- Healthcare and transport stocks underpin strong 2018 return
VN stocks driven up by large-cap sector have 320 words, post on bizhub.vn at September 20, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.