They started queuing outside the Apple Store on Orchard Road on Wednesday to lay their hands on the iPhone 11, its Pro and Pro Max versions and the new Apple Watch. Nguyen Lam, an iPhone seller who has traveled to Singapore many times in the past for new Apple products, said there is a larger crowd this year, many of them with their luggage to return to Vietnam as soon as they buy the products. But there has been no pushing and shoving like in previous years, he said. Each person in the queue gets a numbered wristband and can leave the queue for a maximum of 60 minutes. Since the iPhone 11 is not being released in Vietnam, an estimated nine out of 10 people queuing are Vietnamese. A person is allowed a maximum of two phones, and so buyers usually go in groups to buy large enough numbers. “I see Vietnamese everywhere in Singapore these days, even on the plane,” Tran Quang, one of the buyers, said. Quang said he could sell an iPhone for VND8 million ($344) more than its price in Vietnam, but not much is left after the cost of the flight and food. The… Read full this story
- Apple's stock spikes to new 2019 high on report of iPhone 11 production boost
- Parents are wrongly being told they can’t claim 30 hours of free childcare due to glitch with HMRC’s website
- 30 hours free childcare scheme explained – how to apply, when did it launch and who is eligible?
- Lucky man scoops £25k lottery win with £1 bet just hours after buying engagement ring
- Third of nurseries in Britain could close as Government’s new 30 hours-a-week free childcare scheme leaves them out of pocket
- Woman buys 'iPhone' from back of van in 'Black Friday sale' - gets a nasty shock
- Woman buys 'iPhone' from back of a van in 'Black Friday sale' - and gets a VERY nasty shock
- Swedes queue for an hour to buy a packet of these biscuits
- Drinkers queue for hours to try new Edinburgh BrewDog bar
- Miracle surfer found alive clutching to his board 13 miles from coast after spending more than 30 hours in freezing water
Vietnamese queue up for 30 hours in Singapore to buy iPhone 11 have 371 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at September 19, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.