Hanoi (VNA) – The Japan External Trade Organisation (JETRO) organised a programme in Hanoi on September 13 to connect agro-aquatic and food product businesses of Vietnam and Japan.
At this event, JETRO focused on the products with high demand like aquatic products, functional food, processed food, food for children, and Wagyu (Japanese beef).
The programme attracted great attention from enterprises as seen through the number of participating firms exceeding expectation, according to JETRO.
Data of the Japanese Ministry of Finance show that the Northeast Asian nation’s agro-forestry-fishery and food exports to Vietnam hit a record of 45.7 billion JPY (nearly 423.3 million USD) in 2018, up 15.9 percent year on year. Aquatic products made up the largest proportion of this revenue.
Meanwhile, aquatic and agricultural products are also among the main Vietnamese exports to Japan at present. They include shrimp, squid, octopus, tuna, crab, fruits, vegetables, peppercorn, cashew nut, coffee, rubber, and cassava.
Last year, Japan was one of the five biggest markets of Vietnam’s agro-forestry-fishery items, according to the Vietnamese Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development./.
- Farmers warn Government ignoring vital role of food production
- Aldi and Waitrose food products added to listeria-risk recall
- Lidl urgently recalling popular frozen food product
- Lidl recalls food products over safety fears
- Lingerie firm Ultimo to stop trading in UK
- Why our farming and food-production sector has to change
- Tesco, Asda, Aldi, Lidl and Sainsbury's urgently recall food products
- Sainsbury's, Tesco, Aldi, Lidl are urgently recalling 100 food products
- Tesco, Sainsbury's Aldi, Lidl are urgently recalling 100 food products
- Mega Millions jackpot winner is New Jersey food production manager