Vice Ambassador Pham Hung Tam addresses the event (Photo: VNA) In his remarks, Deputy Ambassador Pham Hung Tam provided information on Vietnam’s commercial fishing sector, as well as the cooperation potential between Vietnam and the US. Vietnam has exported its aquatic products to more than 170 countries around the world, with the US remaining the largest importer for years. Vietnam’s key fisheries exports to the US include shrimp and tra fish. In the first seven months of this year, the US was among top four markets of Vietnamese aquatic products, with US$802.56 million worth of aquatic products imported from Vietnam, a year-on-year rise of 1.1%. NFI President John Connelly said over the past 10 years, the NFI has cooperated closely with the embassy, trade office and businesses of Vietnam to study, and give policy proposals on market development. The NFI hopes to continue working with Vietnam to urge the US government to soon determine the recognition of equivalence for Vietnam’s tra fish quality management procedure, and wishes to step up cooperation with Vietnamese agencies and businesses in the area of fisheries, he added.
- Vietnamese embassy identifies Moscow farm fire victims
- Chinese embassy in Tunisia holds cultural show to celebrate Chinese New Year
- Workshop gathers young Vietnamese intellectuals in Czech Republic
- Vietnamese woman injured in farm fire in Russia
- Agencies ready to ensure safety for Vietnamese in Middle East: spokeswoman
- Overseas Vietnamese gather for Tet celebration
- Vietnamese firms seek food business chances in India
- Vietnamese expatriates in Australia get together for Lunar New Year celebrations
- Lunar New Year celebrations break out abroad among Vietnamese expats
- Eight Vietnamese killed in Moscow greenhouse fire: Russian official
Vietnamese Embassy, US fisheries institute hold exchange have 284 words, post on english.vov.vn at September 18, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.