Nam’s released his new collection, S Viet, at the New York Couture Fashion Week from September 5 to 8. Some of the designs in the show were inspired by symbols of Vietnamese heritage such as the Imperial Citadel of Thang Long (Hanoi’s historical name), One Pillar Pagoda, and Ha Long Bay. Models showed off mini golden conical hats, a traditional symbol of Vietnamese women. An off-the-shoulder dress inspired by the ancient town of Hoi An. An asymmetrical cutout dress with terraced fields patterns. A modern ao dai with an asymmetrical design and highlighted shoulder. 21 models walked the runway with bracelets, necklaces and handbags with a lacquer finish. A model in bell sleeve dress and mini conical hat. In the past Nam’s collections have been chosen for the 2017 New York Couture Fashion Week and 2018 Paris Fashion Week – Haute Couture.
- Earth tones and underwear dominate young designer collection in Vietnam's fashion week
- Bjarke Ingels on the New York Dryline: 'We think of it as the love-child of Robert Moses and Jane Jacobs'
- Ex-’60 Minutes’ reporter sues New York magazine over article
- Denver and New York to meet for cross-conference contest
- New York hosts Nashville after Zibanejad’s 2-goal game
- Nashville visits New York after Josi’s 2-goal game
- Atlanta faces New York on 4-game skid
- Maple Leafs Beat Rangers 6-3, New York Loses 3rd Straight
- New York acquires Catskill land, site of historic hotel
- House fire kills woman, child in upstate New York
Vietnamese designer kicks off New York Couture Fashion Week have 253 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at September 12, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.