Seventy percent of young Vietnamese respondents told the Violence against Children survey, which was released last week, they were not aware of any helpline or service in case of cyberbullying. A total of 170,000 people aged 13 to 24 were polled in 30 countries. This included 1,788 in Vietnam, where 21 percent said they had been victimized by online bullying. The rates in neighboring countries were much higher, including 45 percent in Indonesia and 30 percent in Malaysia. Tellingly, almost half of the Vietnamese respondents said they knew about private online groups inside the school community where information about peers was shared for bullying. But 96 percent said they have not used technology or digital platforms to harass or bully others, with only 4 percent admitting they have. The survey notwithstanding, the reality is that there is limited data or evidence on cyberbullying and online child abuse and exploitation in Vietnam, Rana Flowers, UNICEF Representative in Vietnam, told VnExpress International. But the online risks are evident. Sexual grooming, luring, exploitation and abuse, both online and offline, and exposure to inappropriate, violent and hateful content are frequently reported. Hoang Huynh, 20, remembers vividly what it was like to be besieged by… Read full this story
- Gogglebox’s Steph and Dom Parker reveal heartbreaking struggle to help chronically ill son, 18, using cannabis
- Prince Harry pleas for help for youth centres which help kids' mental health
- UNICEF calls for action to prevent cyberbullying
- Gardaí, Government, and Eir launch cyberbullying information campaign
- Paloma Faith: 'I know I'm a really good mum but that doesn't mean that I haven't struggled or doubted my decision to be one'
- Vietnam man swept along by traditional broom-making craft in Mekong Delta
- Vietnam's clampdown on academic freedom
- Michelle Obama: Ex-FLOTUS reveals the heartbreaking reason she will be visiting Vietnam
- Country Profile: Vietnam
- Daughters claim foot doctor father helped Trump dodge Vietnam draft
Vietnam youths struggle with cyberbullying, no help forthcoming have 313 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at September 9, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.