During his visit to Vietnam, Marc Merlino, global head of Citi’s Global Subsidiaries Group, talked with VIR’s Phu Canh about the importance of the Vietnamese market to Citi’s regional and global business strategy. Marc Merlino, global head of Citi’s Global Subsidiaries Group Could you describe Citi’s Global Subsidiaries Group (GSG) and its presence in Asia? The GSG is one of Citi’s fastest-growing businesses, providing institutional banking solutions to the subsidiaries of our multinational corporation (MNC) clients. The GSG franchise plays a vital role in supporting our clients’ growth, not only across Asia but globally as Citi operates physically in 100 markets, and we bank many clients in multiple markets. Asia is a core part of the GSG franchise with a presence across 16 markets in the region. The team’s priority is supporting MNC clients as they expand across Asia, and this includes global names and the increasing breed of Asian corporate titans across technology, auto, and consumer industries, among others. Citi is the largest global bank present in Asia, while the region’s total revenues are a quarter of our global revenues. This strongly connected network with local banking licences is a competitive advantage for banking operations. We have also built… Read full this story
- Protests grip major Iran cities over gas prices; 1 killed
- 'Hotheads in Washington' Behind Plan B in Syria Miss Major Flaw of This Strategy
- 1st black female mayor of a major Northeast city has died
- Vietnam’s role in reshaping Asian supply chains is growing: HSBC
- What would a truly walkable city look like?
- Removing King’s name in Kansas City opens wounds, discussion
- ‘Redefine the skyline’: how Ho Chi Minh City is erasing its heritage
- Expo Vietnam-Russia 2019 attracts 500 enterprises
- Asian Carom Billiards Championship 2018 opens in HCM City
- Vietnam all set for crucial ASEAN role
Vietnam the major centre for Citi’s Asian strategy have 318 words, post on www.vir.com.vn at September 11, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.