Hanoi (VNA) – The Ministry of Public Security (MPS) has asked the International Criminal Police Organisation (Interpol) to issue a red notice for the owner of the Nhat Cuong Mobile store chain , Bui Quang Huy, who was charged with smuggling and violating regulations of accounting, causing serious consequences.
Lieut. Gen. Tran Van Ve, Head of the Office of the Criminal Investigation Agency, revealed the information on the sidelines of the 39th ASEAN Chiefs of Police Conference (ASEANAPOL) in Hanoi on September 18.
Responding to reporters' queries on the arrest of Huy, Ve said that Huy had fled from his residence right after the police commenced criminal proceeding against him.
The MPS then issued a nationwide and international wanted notice against the director-general of Nhat Cuong Technic Co.,Ltd, the parent firm of the well-known smartphone store chain in Hanoi.
Regarding Vietnam's cooperation with regional countries to counter terrorist crime, Ve said Vietnam has joined hands with countries worldwide in chasing and arresting criminals. However, there has been no requests related to terrorist cases from other countries, he said.
Discussing the main goal of the ASEANAPOL 39, Ve said that the event aims to step up multinational cooperation in the prevention and fight against 10 types of emerging crimes in the region such as illegal purchase and sale of narcotics, terrorism, weapon smuggling, human trafficking, credit card fraud, high-tech crime, illegal wildlife trade and maritime crime.
Themed "Honoured by Partnership, Sustained by Unification", the conference attracted nearly 300 delegates from ASEAN member countries and ASEANAPOL's 10 dialogue partners. It is taking place in Hanoi from September 17-19./.
- The White Issue: Memoirs of a Xenophobic Boyhood
- How to keep cherry blossoms from turning brown: Ask an expert
- WHT @ 50: Navy to get ‘eviction notice,’ Kamoku wins beard contest, 7-digit phone numbers ahead
- Hold that wrecking ball! Historian issues plea to save N.J. landmark
- Suspect in stolen car flees: Westlake Police blotter
- Aging Vietnam veterans are still fighting over Agent Orange
- Tennessee businessman says Joe Biden's brother conned him
- White House ceremony honoring Red Sox awkward from the start
- White House ceremony honoring Red Sox was awkward from the start
- White House visit was always an optional choice for Red Sox
- Sox give red-hot Rafael Devers well-deserved break
- Albany police warn of email scam about red light camera tickets
- LETTERS: Welcome return of red light cameras; SB 181 falls short of the mark
- Ask the expert: Oral health as you age
- Amber Alert issued for missing 3-year-old San Antonio girl
- No quick fix on Red Line
- Sean McDonough tops cast of rotating Red Sox announcers
- Our readers write: Issue of Aug. 29, 2019
- Google caught 'red handed' stealing lyrics data, Genius says
- Dayton shooting: Ex-girlfriend of Connor Betts saw red flags
Vietnam asks Interpol to issue red notice for fleeing businessman have 447 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at September 18, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.