The nation overcame other Southeast Asian nations such as Malaysia, Indonesia and Singapore to be ranked among top 10 in the list.
The article says: “Doi moi” economic policy reforms beginning in 1986 have helped Viet Nam transition to a more modern, competitive nation.
Viet Nam’s continued efforts to lessen international isolation are evidenced by its membership in the World Trade Organization in 2007 and participation in free trade negotiations with the Trans-Pacific Partnership in 2010. It is also a member of the United Nations, the ASEAN Regional Forum and the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation Forum, among other international organizations.
The Best Countries to Invest In ranking draws from the results of a global perceptions-based survey and ranks countries based on the highest scores among nearly 7,000 business decision makers on a compilation of eight equally weighted country attributes: corrupt, dynamic, economically stable, entrepreneurial, favorable tax environment, innovative, skilled labor force and technological expertise.
To determine the overall list, U.S. News & World Report surveyed over 21,000 people worldwide about 80 different countries, measuring them on 65 different attributes, including cultural influence, entrepreneurship, and quality of life.
By Thuy Dung
- ABS-CBN Ball 2019: Metro lists 10 best-dressed male stars
- The 21 best countries in the world to live in if you’re a woman
- Philippines rated 50th best country in the world – poll
- The 13 best countries to live in if you want to be your own boss
- Thailand ‘best country for people’, says travel survey
- Singapore tops the list of countries investing in Vietnam
- The 20 best countries to invest in now
- The 20 best countries around the world to live as an expat, ranked
- The 25 best countries to buy rental property and make money on the side
- PH tagged as ‘best country to invest in’ by US media firm