Trung was presented with a scholarship worth US$35,000 to study abroad.
The final round was broadcast live on September 15 with the participation of four students, namely Tran The Trung from Phan Boi Chau High School for Gifted Students in Nghe An, Nguyen Hai Dang from Le Quy Don High School for Gifted Students in Khanh Hoa, Nguyen Ba Vinh from Ly Tu Trong High School for Gifted Students in Can Tho, and Doan Nam Thang from Nguyen Du High School for Gifted Students in Dak Lak.
Tran The Trung excellently won the highest score of 245to become the champion of the 19th Olympia competition. Nguyen Hai Dang came in second with 210 points, Doan Nam Thang came in third with 200 points and Nguyen Ba Vinh won 120 points.
Trung was presented with a scholarship worth US$35,000to study abroad.
Meanwhile, the runner-up received a reward of VND20 million (US$860). Thang and Vinh each received a reward of VND10 million (US$430).
Tran The Trung has recorded outstanding academic results and claimed many achievements during his time at Phan Boi Chau High School for Gifted Students, including a silver medal at the Internet-based Olympiad in English (IOE), a consolation prize at Nghe An Province’s Young IT Contest 2016, the first prize in Physics at Nghe An Province’s Physics Contest, a consolation prize at the National English Olympiad competition for students in 2018, and others.
- Quang Ninh’s student wins Olympia competition 2018
- Quang Tri Province student wins Olympia competition
- The Dieu winner of silver medal in World Skills Competition 2019
- Vietnam ready for World Skills Competition 2019
- SheBelieves Cup: England's win proves France 2019 will be a real battle
- Vietnamese pianists win Putra International Piano Competition 2019 awards
- Butterfly with transparent wings wins photography competition
- Win a Wedding 2019: Terms and Conditions
- Dundee gran gets free cinema tickets after winning Tele competition