|National Assembly Chairwoman Nguyen Thi Kim Ngan (R) hosts Senator Catherine Deroche, President of the France-Vietnam Friendship Parliamentarians’ Group (FVFPG) of the Senate of France.|
The Vietnamese NA leader applauded the contributions by the Senate of France, the France-Vietnam Friendship Parliamentarians’ Groups of the Lower House and the Senate of France to fostering the relations between the two legislative bodies as well as the two nations.
Vietnam is keen to expand the bilateral ties across multiple fields and at all levels, she told her guest.
The top Vietnamese legislator emphasized that the signing of the EU-Vietnam Free Trade Agreement (EVFTA) and the Investment Protection Agreement (IPA) in June this year will open up plenty of new opportunities for stronger cooperation between Vietnam and Europe in general and between Vietnam and France in particular.
She highlighted the cooperation potential between the two countries, saying that the FVFPG of the Senate of France has worked with delegations from the Vietnamese NA’s committees and shared experience in culture, finance and organization of local administrations.
NA Chairwoman Ngan also used the occasion to ask her guest to convey her regards to President and Vice President of the Senate of France, expressing her desire to welcome French parliamentarians to attend the Conference on Vietnamese-French local cooperation in Hanoi in 2021.
- Party chief receives French Senate President
- Party leader welcomes French Senate President
- Top legislator: Vietnam treasures relations with France
- NA leader meets French PM in Paris
- New Zealand Deputy PM to visit Vietnam
- Vietnam Looks to Strengthen Ties with France
- French newspapers slam China’s East Sea acts
- John McCain, maverick’ of the Senate and former POW, dies at 81
- Government News 21/11