Taylor Swift is heading to Australia to perform at the “race that stops a nation”, with the pop superstar strutting her stuff before the Melbourne Cup, organizers announced Thursday. The Grammy Award-winner will sing two songs from her latest hit album Lover before witnessing the famous horse race that has been run on the first Tuesday of November since 1876. The Victoria Racing Club made the announcement on social media, saying it was “super excited” about Swift’s one-off public appearance in Australia following the new album release. “Sorry Taylor, we’ll try to calm down,” it added. Read also: Taylor Swift fans descend on Paris for ‘City of Lover’ concert VRC chief executive Neil Wilson told national broadcaster ABC it was a strategic choice to target a younger demographic. “We’re targeting more and more of the next generation coming through,” he said of the event that is so important that race day is a public holiday in the state of Victoria. Swift’s appearance is expected to spark a rush for tickets from music fans as well as the usual Flemington race course punters.
- Taylor Swift on "Lover" and haters
- Taylor Swift's new single tells LGBTQ haters to 'calm down'
- Taylor Swift calls out homophobes with You Need To Calm Down’
- Who needs calming down: Taylor Swift or her audience?
- Taylor Swift sends fan $6,000 for tuition and rent
- Photos: Taylor Swift Greets Fans, Teases New Music At Nashville Mural
- Taylor Swift's former label boss hits back
- Taylor Swift Gives Sneak Peek of New Album, ‘Lover’
- Taylor Swift explains why she got vocal for LGBTQ rights
- For Taylor Swift, Is Ego Stronger Than Pride?
Taylor Swift signs up for 'race that stops a nation' have 288 words, post on www.thejakartapost.com at July 11, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.