– Unique performing arts of
in the southwestern province of Tay Ninh started the
The opening ceremony took place on September 27 at Ly Thai To flower garden near Hoan Kiem Lake.
The performance highlighted various intangible cultural heritages of the province such as ‘don ca tai tu’ (Southern instrumental music and singing), Chhay-dam drum dance and Cham dance.
With the theme Beauty of
, the three-day festival helps promote Tay Ninh’s unique culture, trade and tourism potential, as well as attracting investment to the province.
The event is co-organised by the People Committees of Hanoi and Tay Ninh, and the national flag carrier Vietnam Airlines as part of activities to celebrate the 65th anniversary of the capital’s Liberation Day (October 10).
A photo exhibition on provincial socio-economic and cultural achievements, natural landscapes, historical sites, traditional craft villages, and festivals will be held at the pedestrian zone nearby.
The provincial Department of Culture, Sports and Tourism set up 30 pavilions offering local food specialties, introducing tourism packages as well as performing songs and dances during the festival.
Visitors can try various delicacies such as soursops, durians, banh trang (rice paper), smoked beef and shrimp salt.
Various enterprises and agencies are attending the exhibition including Ba Den Mountain tourist site, Lo Go Xa Mat National Park and national special relic of the base of Central Committee for South Vietnam.
As a part of the festival, the Vietnam Airlines Festa programme comprises booths of Vietnam Airlines, Hanoi Tourism Department and other partners introducing tourism and cultural products of Hanoi. Visitors also have a chance to buy tickets at low fares./.
- Derry Girls doing their bit to promote city's tourism
- UK Gov't Buys Luxury NYC Flat for Official to Secure Post-Brexit Trade Deals
- Days of Russian Culture solemnly opens in Baku [PHOTO]
- Gobustan’s cultural heritage to be showcased in Baku
- Azerbaijan-China trade ties in focus
- Kien Giang calls for investment in major tourism destinations
- Tourism bosses meeting to figure out how to boost visitor numbers in Tayside and Fife
- Cultural organisations to merge to improve offering
- Tay Road Bridge diversions today after roadworks cause traffic congestion
- Warning of delays on Tay Road Bridge over emergency repairs