At six o’clock on the morning of September 18, the air quality index at some spots in northern provinces, including Hanoi, Ninh Binh, Nam Dinh, Ha Nam, Hung Yen and Phu Tho were measured at more than 150, posing health risks for people, particularly children and the old.
Straw burning causes enviornmental pollution
According to experts, straw burning leads to PM2.5 described as superfine particles which can bring about many dangerous diseases. Normal masks can’t help to prevent them.In some localities such as Nam Dinh and Thai Binh provinces, the AQI even reached more than 200 this morning.Aircraft landing at Noi Bai International Airport in Hanoi are facing difficulties due to smoke caused by rice straw burning by local people.On September 17, the Northern Airports Authority sent an official document to the Soc Son District People’s Committee and its communes including Thanh Xuan, Quang Tien, Phu Minh, Phu Cuong and Mai Dinh about the straw burning activities near the airportEarlier, results from the PAM air quality measurement method at over 40 locations in Hanoi at 8 am on September 15 showed that the air quality index was from 150 to 170. An air quality index over 100 is considered bad and people with respiratory and heart diseases are advised to stay home.
- Hanoi asks for better straw management to reduce air pollution
- Hà Nội asks for better straw management to reduce air pollution
- Post harvest straw smoke continues to harm people
- Photo news: Hanoi is covered by post-harvest straw smoke
- Tourists get into the heart of a book
- Travel Picks: Top 10 fire festivals around the world
- Social News 4/3