Illustrative photo (Photo: VNA) Hanoi (VNA) – A survey on the socio-economic situation of 53 ethnic minority groups of Vietnam will be launched on October 1, announced the General Statistics Office (GSO). The survey is designed to compile national targets and indicators on ethnic minority affairs, serving the making of policies on socio-economic development in ethnic minority-inhabited regions in the 2021-2025 period. The results will also serve as a foundation to update the database on Vietnam’s ethnic minority groups. The survey will be opt for 540,740 households in 14,659 localities nationwide. It is expected to wrap up on October 31. The survey will investigate general information about the population, fertility rate of female aged 10-14 and 15-49, death rate in the past 12 months, housing and living conditions, as well as heads of main livestock and access to public services. It is set to look into information of communes across the country, infrastructure use in each locality, and working conditions, among others. The first survey of its kind was conducted by the GSO and the Government’s Committee for Ethnic Minority Affairs in August 2015./. VNA
- Ethnic minorities’ traditional values find place in schools
- Ethnic minorities in problem areas given helping hand to escape from poverty
- Preparations for second National Congress of Vietnamese Ethnic Minorities discussed
- Black and ethnic minority people could feature on British money for first time under plan for coins featuring historical figures including Gurkha heroes and wartime nurse
- Cabinet reviews political, economic situation in country
- Bolton: Trump said Xi was right to detain ethnic minorities
- Coronavirus: Young ethnic minority men 'more likely to get Covid fines'
- Rishi Sunak considers ethnic minority figures on UK coins
- How coronavirus tore through Britain's ethnic minorities
- Covid-19 plunges Vietnam’s ethnic minority households into poverty: UNDP
Socio-economic situation of 53 ethnic minorities groups surveyed have 300 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at September 30, 2019. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.