* The Nicaraguan Football Federation (Fenifut) has apologised for questioning the authenticity of the FIFA Best awards and admitted they made a mistake when sending their votes to the world governing body for this year’s vote.
* David Haggerty has been re-elected as President of the International Tennis Federation (ITF) after claiming more than 60 percent of votes in the first round of voting at the governing body’s Annual General Meeting in Lisbon on Friday.
* The women’s marathon at the world athletics championships will go ahead as planned on Friday and will start at midnight amid worries over the extreme heat in Doha, the sport’s governing body (IAAF) said.
* Four-time tour de France champion Chris Froome, who suffered a horror crash last June, will race in the Criterium de Saitama next month, organisers said on Friday. The Briton sustained broken leg, hip, ribs, vertebrae and elbow at the Criterium du Dauphine and was not expected to race again this year.
* UEFA has opened registration for esports competitors to represent their national teams at the inaugural eEURO 2020, with the qualifying phase kicking off in November 2019.
* Barcelona coach Ernesto Valverde says he does not know when Lionel Messi will return to action after another injury setback, as his side travel to Getafe on Saturday (Sep 28) in La Liga seeking a first away win in eight matches in all competitions.
* Organisers of the Tokyo 2020 Olympics said Friday (Sep 27) they have invalidated nearly 7,000 tickets worth US$1.6 million after discovering they were purchased with fraudulent identities through an online lottery.
* Arsenal manager Unai Emery backed Granit Xhaka to win the fans over after the Swiss midfielder was named the club’s new captain following a dressing-room vote.
* Paris St Germain strikers Kylian Mbappe and Mauro Icardi are fit to return for the Ligue 1 champions’ trip to Girondins de Bordeaux after recovering from injuries, coach Thomas Tuchel said on Friday (Sep 27).
* Max Verstappen topped the times for Red Bull ahead of Ferrari’s Charles Leclerc in Friday’s (Sep 27) second free practice for this weekend’s Russian Grand Prix.
- Schools' Cup semi-final LIVE: Methody set up final showdown after putting Wallace to the sword
- Indonesia Masters 2019: Saina Nehwal sets up final showdown with Carolina Marin
- Aussie women set for finals showdown against England
- Smiling Rory sets up Tiger showdown
- McGee and Sheils set for thrilling showdowns
- Final showdown for O'Hanlon
- Nadal thrashes Nishikori to set up Federer showdown
- BTCC 2016: Neal vs Plato - the final showdown
- Watson, Gonzaga Prep cruise past Kentridge, setting up semifinal showdown with Federal Way
- Campbell set for final home start